Zetech University Job Vacancies 2018 for IT Technician
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/38
Zetech University is a premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business programmes, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
Reporting to the Senior Systems Administrator, the position holder will, among other duties;
- Facilitate students’ training and support on units registration.
- Facilitate staff and student training on ICT systems and hardware devices.
- Ensure up-time of computer labs as well as staff machines.
- Monitor ICT lab equipment ie computers and network components.
- Routinely maintain computers in the computer labs according to maintenance schedule.
- Control the computer labs asset registry, maintenance, support and development.
- Send weekly lab reports to the administrators.
- Prepare the computer lab schedule.
- Provide software backup and perform computer repairs or order them to be done
- Ensure lab rules are adhered to.
- Provide overall lab budget by sending list of items to be purchased to the supervisors.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and students on emerging IT trends especially with personal laptops.
- Assist students with coursework and development of projects for final years.
- Diploma in Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning;
- Previous experience in a similar role will be an added advantage;
- Passionate about technology;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision;
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/38 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 7th February 2018.
Zetech University is an equal opportunity employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: