ZanaAfrica Job Vacancy For Finance & Operations Associate, Application Details
ZanaAfrica is a social enterprise headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya that provides dignity and inspiration for women and girls to live their purpose through sanitary pads and related products.
We envision a future where girls in East Africa live healthy, safe, informed lives while defining their own purpose—a world in which menstrual health management is recognized as a human right, and the onset of puberty as the most effective time to engage girls in a range of personal health decisions.
Our business arm maintains a portfolio of high quality sanitary pad products and brands designed for and by East Africa women. Our non-profit arm innovates scalable, engaging health education solutions that, together with our pads, deliver comprehensive menstrual and reproductive health support. Together, we leverage the best of the private and non-profit sectors to equip women and girls with the support they need to define their purpose and live the life they choose.
The Finance Associate is responsible for organizing and coordinating office and finance operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Supports operations by; planning, organizing, and implementing administrative systems.
General accounting and financial reporting duties are also encompassed in this position.
Description of Duties
- General Operations and Finance
- Communicate (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, and other contacts
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness in the processing of various teams’ operations requests
- Act as first line of responses to inquiries at ZanaAfrica’s office, website, email and phone enquiries
- Monitor and conduct office operations including typing, filing and maintaining the record system for soft- and hard-copy files
- Assists with the set-up, maintenance and filing of office policies and procedures _HR Registry
- Update internal operation procedures document as needed.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary with project and program teams
- Maintain historical records by accurately filing receipts, financial documents, lease agreements and donor agreements
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and filing of NHIF and NSSF on a monthly basis
- Finance and Accounts
- Co-Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing reconciliation templates and per diem rates
- Processing supplier payments, ensuring supporting documents are in order and approvals obtained
- Balances general ledger by preparing the trial balance; monthly reconciliation of all petty cash
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all petty cash accounts to ensure accuracy and effectiveness
- Reviewing petty cash and cash advance reconciliations ensuring that all payments have valid supporting documents
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Issue financial statements as needed to the FM and Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Tracing all mobile money receipts to the Lipa-na-Mpesa Statement and Ensuring that all Lipa-na-Mpesa withdrawals have been fully accounted for and posted into quickbooks
- Review all debits in the bank statements to ensure that they have been captured and balance
- Verifying all payment vouchers for accuracy and completeness before processing and posting into the accounting System – QuickBooks
- Ensure proper documentation of all payments to staff and generate monthly pay slips
- Manage accounts payable and manage accounts receivable including Prepare weekly financial reports
- Review for compliance with donor and organizational policies/guidelines on all payments
- Assists in quotation sourcing for various procurement items as and when required for different teams
- Provide financial and compliance guidelines to other members of staff
- Other duties as assigned by senior management through the FM
- Data entry and maintenance of disbursements and distribution records of the product
- Assisting in managing correspondence between the sales team and their clients
- Manage the warehouse stock inventory and coordinate storage space maintenance with office assistant
- Works with the Product Development team for asset and inventory management at both office, stock points and warehouse
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purpose
- Take lead in regular stock taking and updating of the Inventory records
- Decision Making
- For routine decision making to be guided by generally accepted accounting principles and organization rules
- and regulations. Refer to COO on issues out of normal policies and procedures.
- Responsibility over data or information:
- Has access to important and highly confidential information. (Ensure to sign our Non-Disclaimer and Confidential Policies)
CPAIII /ACCA III qualifications, CPAIII and Degree in Finance, Accounting, or closely related field is PREFFERED.
Relevant Experience and Key skills:
- Experience in managing Not for Profit Accounts
- At least 3 years of experience performing responsibilities required for the position and demonstrating progress in the role.
- Audit experience and managing of grant funds is desirable
- Experience in the use of the QuickBooks Accounting Software.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resume to [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: