Young Women Christian Association Job Vacancy 2018 for Branch Accountant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Young Women Christian Association Job Vacancy. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Young Women Christian Association Job Vacancy 2018
Young Women Christian Association is a National Organization founded in 1912 whose purpose is to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice and peace for all humanity.
The Association invites application for the position of Branch Accountant for its Branch in Kisumu. The successful candidate will be based in Kisumu and will report to the Branch Manager.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Branch Accountant will be accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
Duties And Responsibilities of the Branch Accountant Job
- In-charge of the accounts department in the Branch
- Timely reporting including project financial reports as well as management reports
- Preparation of the payroll on a monthly basis
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Review cashbooks and cashbook reconciliations weekly.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Preparation of year-end schedules for corporate income tax returns and annual audit.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Preparation and processing of various journal entries related to general accounting.
- Compile and review subsidiary ledgers and financial statements.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting systems and controls in conjunction with the National Chief Accountant.
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Perform special projects as directed by the Branch Manager and the National Chief Accountant.
Branch Accountant Job Qualifications
- CPA 3
- At least three (3) years of relevant accounting experience.
- Computer literacy and the ability to apply accounting principles.
- Knowledge of pastel will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply. An application with a detailed CV to reach the under-mentioned on or before 26th April 2018
Human Resource Manager
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: