WTS Energy Job Vacancies For Agriculture Technical Assistant, Application Details
Our client, an Ebassy in Kenya is looking to fill the above mentioned position on a draw-down consultancy.
Working closely with, and under the supervision of, the Deputy Head of Mission/Head of Development at the Embassy:
· Contribute to the implementation of the Agri-food Strategy; a key area of focus for the Embassy. This includes development of annual work plans for each pillar of the Strategy in consultation with key stakeholders; and reflection in the Embassy Mission Strategy and annual Business Plans;
· Engage with agri-food Governmental agencies, private sector partners, NGOs, academic institutions and networks; leveraging further partnerships where possible;
· Support the management and administration of agri-food programmes funded through the Embassy’s Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) budget, including monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
· Identify new programmes and partners for potential support in the agriculture, dairy and fisheries sectors;
· Travel to visit programmes and activities supported and participate in related events;
· Contribute to the planning/delivery of Ministerial and other high level trade missions to Kenya which include a focus on agri-business;
· Support research into identification of opportunities for business opportunities and institutional linkages in the agri-food sectors;
· Support Kenyan and home country Companies to access Africa Agri-food Development Programme (AADP) funding and liaise with HQ on reporting and impact;
· Support the Deputy Head of Mission in overseeing and administering the Embassy’s ODA budget, and reporting on activities funded;
· Work closely with the Embassy’s Commercial Attaché and with colleagues in other Embassies in the region to support lesson learning and generate evidence on agri-food trade and investment; and to identify new opportunities for home country companies;
· Support Embassy communications on agri-food activities, including via social media;
· Assist with the development of Embassy systems to capture, update, store and communicate information – in areas relevant to the Agri-food Strategy.
Key skills and competencies required
· Post graduate education in agriculture or development;
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ demonstrated equivalent industry experience working in the agri-food sectors, preferably with an NGO or public sector institution and ideally with experience in agribusiness;
· Experience and recognition of the importance of instituting and maintaining good management systems;
· Understanding of the complexities of international cooperation in Kenya and the countries of accreditation (Somalia, Sudan and Eritrea), and the role of agriculture in fostering inclusive economic growth;
· Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills;
· Strong networking and advocacy skills, including the ability to build rapport and engage effectively with individuals and organisations from a diversity of backgrounds and contexts;
· Flexibility and good team working;
· Self-motivation and a capacity for creative thinking
Salary and conditions
A daily rate commensurate with the responsibilities of the post will be agreed.
The candidate will be employed on a draw-down consultancy basis. They will be expected to work for 12-20 days per month (depending on work demands) between February and end-December 2018. This is not a permanent position but may develop into one in the future.
Oversight, logistics, cost
The Agriculture TA will work as part of the Embassy team. He/she will report directly to the Deputy Head of Mission and will regularly communicate with the Head of Mission. They will also work closely with other staff at the mission.
The Agriculture TA will avail of the existing transport and administration arrangements at the Embassy.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: