World Vision Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Finance & Administration Manager, Application Details
World Vision Job Vacancy 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 World Vision Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
World Vision Job Vacancy 2018
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide overall management of the WV East Africa Regional (EAR) Office Finance and administration functions. The role will ensure financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information, and strategies, systems and skills to support the operations of the office.
The position will also ensure effective and efficient administrative support to the EARO staff, hosted units, Global Centre (GC) and national offices and adherence to the law of the land and representing WV’s interests in legally binding contracts.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Finance & Administration Management:
- Manage the finance and administration units in EARO and ensure smooth running efficient delivery of services.
- Identify gaps in financial, administrative and procurement policies and provide appropriate recommendations for development and review.
- Ensure adherence to partnership policies and guidelines including International Financial and procurement Manuals.
- Manage RO budget, cash flow and project funding.
- Facilitate the budgeting process as per budget guidelines.
- Prepare quarterly analysis of the financial performance of the Regional Office(RO) and provide appropriate recommendation.
- Ensure effective operation of the RO to ensure optimal use of resources.
- Supervise all aspects of supply chain from tendering, procurement, logistics and stores.
- Ensure implementation of new partnership initiatives involving Finance and Administration.
- Ensure that staff in EARO have a safe work environment in accordance with the OSHA standards.
- Contribute to the development of supply chain strategies and approaches.
Finance & Administration Accountability and Reporting:
- Design systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of EARO assets, resources and operations.
- Ensure implementation of efficient and effective internal control systems.
- Submit timely and accurate periodic reports.
Cost Efficiency and Effectiveness:
- Lead in the negotiations, preparation and ensure execution of contracts.
- Promote benchmarks for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Ensure competitiveness in procurement process.
Risk Management and Controls:
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place to minimize risk.
- Ensure that management responses to audits performed are sent on time to the Audit Department , and that audit recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure adequate preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
- Monitor the Financial Risk Matrix and act accordingly.
People Management & Capacity Building:
- Identify capacity gaps and ensure appropriate development interventions for finance and administration unit.
- Facilitate operations and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial policies, guidelines and reports.
- Ensure roll out of finance and procurement initiatives relating to EARO.
- Set and monitor performance standards for Snr. Finance & Administrative officers and provide overall mentorship and coaching to the department staff.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Representative in special task forces and committees.
- Active representation strategic regional meetings and forums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- 8 years’ experience in Finance and Administration roles preferably in the humanitarian sector, 4 of which must have been in management level.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems.
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership is preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably Sun Systems & Vision and literacy in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- High professional ethics and integrity.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Work environment: Office-based with occasional travel.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel may be required.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: