World Vision Job Vacancy 2018 for Grants Accountants, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Vision job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
World Vision Job Vacancy 2018
The purpose of this position is to promote financial stewardship and accountability in multiple donor funded projects
The Grants Accountant must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethics and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Grants Accountants Job Responsibilities:
Budget Monitoring 25%
- Help Project staff in linking Grant Budget to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the projects matches to the budget
- Ensure strict adherence to the approved budgets.
- Monitor and review activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
Financial Reporting 20%
- Prepare and submit timely, accurate and complete grants financial reports
- Load grants reports in FFR database
- Prepare management reports for decision making purposes
- Support and participate in year- end processes
Monitoring and Compliance 20%
- Monitor Project expenses against the approved budget.
- Reconcile LDRs with payroll for the project staff under grants.
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to for the assigned projects.
- Perform Vendor screening
- Support and coordinate grants end closure processes
Risk Management 20%
- Facilitate audit process for assigned grants both internal and external audits
- Provide relevant information for audit responses
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations
- Review grants PRFs for budget availability and proper coding
- Provide and maintain grants financial information for safe custody and access
- Ensure assets purchased through donor funds are properly utilized and safe guarded
- Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on financial aspect of the assigned grants.
- Ensure good storage of financial reports and records in line with the WVK and donor requirements
- Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreements documents between donors and WVK is available on file
- Effectively manage other assignments as may be delegated to you by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications for the Grants Accountants Job
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance , Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K)
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Practical experience of using SUN system accounting Software is preferred
- Post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management from CIPS is an added advantage
- Professional membership with a recognized body
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach
- Strong budgetary, financial management and analytical skills.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and commitment and respect for diversity.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Demonstrable ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
For more information on the job and application procedure, please visit: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees. Application deadline is September 23, 2018 at midnight. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks. More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: