World Vision Job Recruitment 2018 for Project Officer -Natural Resource Management
To plan, implement, monitor and document all the NRM and Savings for Transformation activities in a semi-arid context within the designated TWIP project sites within Turkana County as per the proposal. Provide necessary technical support, related training, follow-up, and guidance to the staff and farmers youth and women groups under NRM and provide feedback and reports to the Project Coordinator, Cluster Manager and NO as when required.
Project Implementation and Monitoring 65%
- Responsible for the in the implementation of the all activities in the livelihoods and resilience project with focus on Rangeland management including technical support to partners on Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR)
- Facilitate communities to advocate for appropriate policy and regulatory frameworks in support of sustainable rangelands management (policy briefs, County legislative forums, guidelines etc)
- Facilitate staff, partners and communities on peace building using the Local Capacities for Peace (LCP) and Do-No-Harm (DNH) approaches
- Facilitate community dialogue on peace building and conflict resolution around use of natural resources (E.g. water, pasture etc)
- Strengthen linkages with strategic peace building CSOs, County and national governments on Peace Building initiatives
- Training community members on integrated natural resource management and sustainability
- Contribute to effective and timely implementation of all levels of interventions and initiatives with communities and partners;
- Conduct on site trainings and strengthening community groups in issues on livestock management in respect to climate change
- Mobilization and Formation of saving groups and facilitate them undertake an organization self-assessments;
- Conduct Tailor-Made Training of the groups on savings
- Facilitating the groups to do the actual savings & Investments
- Facilitate Sessions on Empowered Worldview with the
- Savings Groups
- Support the project technically in relation to your expertise in the event of any disaster and/or crisis response when called upon to do so;
- Monitor and support the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all L&R project interventions as well as ensure effective and timely response plans.
- Organize and coordinate farmers exposure tours
- Support community/ Farmers Capacity building on alternative livelihood options.
- Participate in proposal development and resource mobilization.
Reporting and Documentations 30%
- Compile the necessary monthly, quarterly and annual reports for forwarding to the Project manager, L&R Officer and NO
- Attend the regular weekly and monthly planning meetings at called upon.
- Regularly document success stories/innovation for sharing across the partnership
- Develop context-specific electronic and live media communications on FMNR and NRM activities.
- Ensure the Project design document is updated as per DME standards.
- Monitor and report on project Savings Groups through the online SAVIX
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Cluster manager, Project manager and Sub branch Manager or designee;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- The job holder must have at least a Degree in Rangeland Management, Natural Resource Management, Drylands Agriculture or related course, with at least two years’ on job experience on natural resource, livestock production and management in semi-arid or arid lands;
- Hands field experience on Savings Groups with VSL Approach in a fragile context will be an added advantage;
- Has the ability and willingness to work with different communities and often difficult context;.
- Should be self-motivated and able to work without supervision;
- Must have a good understanding of the different systems of extension delivery and;
- Computer literate.
- Self driven and able to work under stress
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Compatible with WV mission, ethos and core values.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- A good communicator who is willing and able to work as an active member of the Sub-branch / Response team.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: