World Vision Job Recruitment 2018 for Director – People & Culture (Human Resource) Admin & Security, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Vision Job Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision Job Recruitment 2018
Reports to: National Director
Provides Supervision to Security Manager, Administration Manager, Associate Director – P & C, Senior P & C Officer – Benefits, Compensation & Staff Care, Senior P & C Officer – Recruitment and P & C Executive AssistantGrade Level: 18Effective: July 2018
Purpose Of The Position Provides quality and efficient leadership, advice and oversight in all aspects of People & Culture across the National Office with the aim of optimizing the performance, sustaining the culture and ensuring alignment with World Vision International’s Global People & Culture strategy, the East Africa Regional P&C strategy and the National Office strategy.
Major Responsibilities Strategic Leadership and Planning, (20%)
- Provide guidance and manage the overall provision of Human Resource policies, strategy, services, and programs for the entire organization.
- Lead the P&C team and participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions for organization effectiveness and individual business units to meet organizational goals.
- Lead, plan and co-implement initiatives towards the realization of the organizational vision, mission and strategic and annual operating plan.
- Develop 3 year P&C business plan aligned with Regional strategy and WVK strategy
- Guide/support organizational structure design and redesign efforts to ensure the realization of intended business results and impact.
- Provide expertise on business strategies, human resources processes (including but not limited to Recruitment, Employment, Benefits/Medical, Compensation, Orientation, Staff and Leadership Development), and organizational policies and practices
- Provide Organizational Development (OD) budget guidelines for the various units to incorporate in their annual operational planning.
- Contextualize & Implement new partnership wide P& C policies
- Align WVK priorities with the East Africa Region’s strategy and ensure they are integrated with partnership standards
- Provide input into People and Culture related research, provides WVK perspective on analysis and reporting.
- Complete National Office P&C Dashboard, targets and other relevant human capital metrics
- Ensure personnel record management and WV organizational regulations are in line with the local labor laws and WVK policies.
- Assure P&C enterprise risks management by testing P&C Internal controls. (MWRAP)
- Source and implement desired technologies in alignment with global and Regional requirements
Compensation, Benefits, and Total Rewards and Employee Engagement 15%
- Responsible for full implementation of Total Rewards Philosophy in line with HWMS
- Manage the establishment and approval of compensation & benefits benchmarking markets for the National Office
- Provide oversight for the establishment of salary ranges for each grade in the WVK
- Provide strategic planning for the movement of staff to appropriate positioning within salary ranges
- Contextualizes and monitors implementation of partnership compensation programs and strategies in WVK
- Direct organization-wide initiatives that lead to the health, performance and overall satisfaction of staff.
- Ensure employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
Staffing, Workforce Planning, and Diversity, 15%
- Lead in selection, hiring and termination of human resource staff in WVK
- Ensure local contextualization (legal/industrial) that results in National Office roles are filled with appropriate candidates, whilst maintaining Global standards, processes, policies
- Ensure compliance with International Staffing Solutions/partnership staffing policy and protocols
- Provide staff support to recruitment process and participates in selection as appropriate
- Conduct annual Workforce Plan for WVK
- Ensure WVK compliance to Partnership Orientation
- program completion
- Contextualize Partnership Retention Strategy and ensures execution
- Contextualizes Partnership Diversity Strategy and ensures execution
Talent Management & Leadership Development, 10%
- Design, implements and facilitates the talent management process in WVK
- Lead & provide support to replicate integrated talent management programme
- Lead the development of People & Culture Staff Professional Skills Development Programmes
- Advise the National Director to review and validate mission-critical leadership positions and their successors.
- Be intentional in identifying and developing leadership skills in Leaders and Managers.
- Cascade Succession Planning across WVK for key Positions (discuss readiness)
- Develop a P&C Succession Plan
- Manage implementation of Personal Development needs assessment and Development Plans for all P&C critical positions.
- In consultation with EAR P&C, implement coaching and mentoring programmes
- Coordinate learning & development initiative to ensure fit with WVK priorities
- Within the Leadership Team, lead change initiatives towards the fulfillment of ongoing cohesion and effectiveness of operations and functions.
Performance Management and P & C Compliance, 10%
- Facilitate initiatives towards integration and delivery of organization performance, health and team cohesion organization-wide (both within Kenya and linking the Kenya office to the wider World Vision International Partnership initiatives).
- Ensure effective and efficient performance management and Individual Development plans
- Review, analyse & submit annual end of appraisal statistics
- Provide guidance, advice and support to P&C staff in WVK
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Provide support to the SMT at all levels to develop appropriate performance management culture
- Comply with Kenya labour laws, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Provide and monitor P&C operating budget and monthly expenses against the budget.
- Establish and utilize a network of resources internally and externally to meet the organization’s learning and development needs.
- Direct the HR processes to ensure efficient and effective service delivery to key stakeholders, namely staff.
- Be responsible for employee safety, staff -welfare, wellness and health;
Organizational Development and Culture, 10%
- Design, develop, implement and assess Organizational Development strategies and systems in support of the overarching strategic plan.
- Manage the overall performance and resources of Organizational Development to ensure the effective and responsive delivery of services to senior leaders, managers and all other employees.
- Oversee organizational design guidelines to WVK
- Provides national resources to execute partnership and local change management approach
- Ensure Change Management capacity in WVK as appropriate
- Contextualizes and administers staff well-being programs throughout WVK
- Conduct the Partnership satisfaction and engagement initiatives within WVK and leads efforts to respond to issues surfaced
- Ensure Employee Relations(ER) policies and programs within WVK and contextualizes as appropriate; Participates in ER investigations as required
- Sets ER policies as required
- Administer the program related to international assignees within the region
- Contribute to the development of strategic directions and priorities for human resources and organisation development.
- Administer programs that address retention issues in WVK
- Manage Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) capacity across WVK in alignment with WVK Staff Care strategy
- Collaborate with WVK Security to prioritise staff safety in WVK, and the building of the appropriate culture that is security conscious
Administration 10%Provide strategic leadership to Administration function while mitigating operational risks and increasing overall security by establishing systems and mechanisms to ensure ministry effectiveness.Security 5%To provide strategic security leadership to WVK Management so as to ensure efficient and effective security for staff, assets and program continuity/operations.Other duties 5%Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and ExperienceThe following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- The position holder must have a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum ten years’ experience in strategic human capital management of which six must be in a senior management position in a reputable organization and minimum three years international experience in relief or development programmes
- Active membership and Certification from a recognized human resources professional body
- Must be conversant with local and international labour laws
- Position requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Proven broad-based experience in leadership, strategic management and results-based management in human resources matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relation skills
- Position requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Complete compatibility with WV’s Mission, ethos, policies and core values.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: