World Vision International Recruitment 2018 for Resilience Innovation Country Lab Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Vision International Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision International Recruitment 2018
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To drive and prioritize the development of diverse income streams to ensure the sustainability of the Response Innovation Lab. The Lab Manager will oversee and support innovation in the country Lab through the Resilience Innovation Lab partners and by building the country wide humanitarian innovation ecosystem. He/ She will ensure innovation impact from projects in the lab, create a focus on learning, pivoting and flexibility. The position holder will find country wide humanitarian challenges, capacity, new ideas to move into projects to improve humanitarian operations in the country and share with the global Response Innovation Lab network.
- Work with Country Lab Executive Committee to define and implement innovation strategy, projects and methodologies that envision, develop and incubate innovative ideas. This includes collaborating on new product design, social business ideas and types of response programming, designing and leading research and other ideas which improve humanitarian work in this Country.
- Drive and prioritize a funding acquisition strategy to ensure the Lab has access to diverse income streams in order to execute the strategy, recruit needed staff, and ensure the sustainability of the Lab, support innovation projects; together with the Country Lab Executive Committee and Host organization. This could include participating in calls for proposals, identifying key partnerships and donors in country, and exploring international private sector funding and partnership opportunities.
- Provide full project management oversight to ensure excellence in execution of all Country Lab plans and programs. Lead in project planning and coordination to ensure timely and quality implementation of all program activities. This will include identifying and placing skilled personnel who are able to effectively advise and manage the Lab programs and aligning partner engagements with Lab objectives.
- Focus on acceleration or scale up of projects that succeed in the lab and documentation and sharing of those which fail.
- In conjunction with the finance team, develop and monitor the project budget and ensure regular reporting to the donor.
- Work with the technical leads to provide adequate HR oversight to the project team and partners as relevant.
- Serve as the main point of contact and ambassador for the Country Lab.
- Manage risks for the Country Lab, discussing and mitigating these with the Executive Committee and the Global RIL team.
- Facilitate entrenchment of a culture of innovation through effective cultivation of ideas, best practices, pivoting and harnessing of lessons.
- Support on the monitoring and evaluation framework & systems and processes along with the partners and the Innovation Manager.
- Develop partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders involving technology, commerce, innovation, humanitarian and government in the Country Lab.
- Lead in ensuring effective management of resources. This will include providing leadership to effective management of sub grantee agreements or contracts with partners.
- Ensure effective partnership to bring in staff capacity and support from a range of public and private organizations to promote new types of thinking and implementation of quality programs with support from people who have the appropriate skill set.
- Lead Innovation Forum and innovation events.
- Support the development of the Country Lab Executive partners and the governance structures that support this entity.
- Support the process of developing strong, strategic partnerships, coalitions and networks; Provide leadership in coordinating and managing those specific partnerships to ensure that their outputs are aligned with the objectives of the Country Lab.
Learning & Reporting:
- Maintain accurate documentation of best practices, case studies, results, learning and impact of programs.
- Contribute to the development and testing of monitoring and evaluation tools for the different functions offered within the Lab.
- Document strategic thinking, dashboard reports, status of innovation implementation and matters of partnership, leadership or management concern of the Country Lab.
- Report monthly progress to the Lab Executive Committee and the RIL Central Support Unit.
- Regularly share the lessons learned as the lab progresses, to become a resource for others in and out of the RIL network.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s degree in International development, business administration, social policy, communications or related stud.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian practice, with at least 2 years in management positions.
- A team player with leadership qualities, excellent flexible project management skills, a partnership guru with a positive attitude, organization and dependability.
- Strong leadership skills; must demonstrate ability to lead a consortium.
- Capacity to prioritize and manage a diverse range of staff members, projects and activities.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build reputation and acquire funding alongside building and overseeing diverse, contextually appropriate, impactful innovation programs.
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Confident communication and documentation skills; ability to represent the lab to a variety of stakeholders in a range of forums.
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Demonstrates a commitment to RIL principles and values.
- Work experience for a management level of social enterprise or NGO.
- Experience in an incubator, a start-up advisory, social enterprise, innovation space, project management or entrepreneurial experience.
- Must adhere to set security standards.
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work environment: Nairobi Office-based with occasional travel to the field.
- Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: Yes
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: