World Vision International Job Vacancy For Senior Communications and Media Officer, Application Details
Purpose of the position:
To increase the overall influence, income and impact of World Vision Kenya for child well-being by leading core communications and media functions. The incumbent is responsible to manage the planning and production of compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity content (web-based, electronic, print and video) for effective donor and public engagement by WV Kenya – both in-country and internationally.
In order to successfully execute this purpose, the position holder must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
- Communications & Media team management for influence, income and impact 15%
- Contribute strategically to development and implementation of the WVK Communications Strategy and strategically support documentation and resource generation strategy.
- Planning & production of compelling content for print, digital and online publications, including writing and editing of internal and external publications, website, presentations and other forms of communication;
- Effectively manage communication projects, job flow and delegation, and provide consistent on-time progress reporting to communication partners and stakeholders
- In collaboration with WVK heads of departments/projects, support Communications Manager’s proactive partnerships to increase quality and impact of communication initiatives and components;
- Deputize Communications Manager as required
- Management of content creation, editing and social media roles for effective team work and efficient collaboration
- Provide accurate and timely management reports including Share Story Status, Sponsorship 2.0 and C4D progress reports Web presence, Social Media Engagement, Publication Reports and MMR as required
- Quality Field Communications content for influence, income and impact 50%
- Review and edit all publications produced by the organization to ensure consistency, clarity and brand alignment;
- Plan, source, write and edit compelling evidence based content for influence, income and impact in the following areas:
Programme Communications – compelling evidence-based child-focused stories from the field for marketing and fundraising
Advocacy Communications- compelling content in partnership with Advocacy that enhances the impact of WV Kenya’s advocacy campaigns and work.
PDGA Communications- ensuring donor visibility requirements for grant funded projects are met and that quality success stories are shared.
- Provide communications resources in the event of a humanitarian emergency;
- Prepare thoroughly researched briefings for partnership internal and external requests;
- Manage WV Kenya’s online presence on partnership platforms e.g wvcentral, wvi.org, wvrelief and intranet;
- Take lead and optimize Social media engagement and vibrant presence across partnership communications and media platforms.
- Ensure key communications protocols (child protection, media engagement and protection of the vulnerable) are adhered.
- Ensure the secure and catalogued management of all communications digital assets and media in National and Partnership servers.
- Media Engagement to mobilize publics for social and policy change 25%
- Set strategic direction for engaging media that will enhance the reputation and influence of publics for social and policy change
- Establish and maintain relationships with national media contacts and develop champions of children’s issues, for greater organisational influence
- Maintain database of journalists and special interests
- Media Relations; ensure quality stories and messages are broadcast regularly on traditional and online media platforms.
- Provide guidance for media spokespersons on the organization’s media guidelines and Child Protection policy.
- Plan and implement press briefings including press releases
- Monitor news relating to childrens’ rights and other development issues from print and broadcast media and identify possible response opportunities for each issue
- Quality sponsorship 2.0 products to gain and retain sponsors for enhanced child well-being in Kenya 5%
- Strengthen the capacity of programme staff to efficiently deliver effective resources to WV Kenya’s Support Officers.
- Coordinate implementation of Sponsorship 2.0 production assignments.
- Monitor and report progress and quality of Sponsorship communications products
- Participate in regular meetings with Sponsorship enhancement teams.
- Support improvement and innovation process of Sponsorship communications products.
- Communications for Development (C4D): In collaboration with ICT for development and Knowledge Management team as appropriate to build communication skills of local communities for community voice efforts and repurpose content for internal and external audiences.
- Other 5%
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communication, or equivalent; Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum five years’ experience working with communications and media in international NGOs or large Media Companies, two of which must be in supervisory level; Experience in fundraising and publishing will be an added advantage
- High standard of copy and sub editing skills with proven ability to write creatively and edit communication narratives or resources and reports.
- Excellent computer skills; Graphic Design and desktop publishing skills an added advantage
- Fluency in English and ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting and motivating manner
- Proven experience of training and capacity building in journalism, media engagement, video or communications.
- Knowledge of the principles of good design, content and editing
- Excellent communications skills and understanding of new and multi media
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and media industry with strong media links
- Must have good photography skills
- Working independently and as an active team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Familiarity with or knowledge about international development – preferred
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Must be flexible, ready to travel, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Must have a good command of both spoken and written English.
- Strong analytical skills
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: