World Vision International Job Vacancy For Program Officer – Environ. Impact Assessment (EIA) & Design, Application Details
To provide coordination on Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) ,Water feasibility studies and participate in design of water projects supported by World Vision Kenya; Ensure effective stakeholder engagement at the national level for the organization, and well-coordinated implementation of sustainable WASH and other WVK development initiatives that meet government and international environmental standards and regulations.
In order to successfully do so, the office holder must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
- EIA/ESIA Business Processes, Studies, Reporting and Compliance 30%
- Develop EIA/ESIA implementation guidelines on Environmental Impact Assessment and Mitigation
- Coordinate EIA/ESIA studies and reports for boreholes, water pans, water dams, water pipelines, tanks, classrooms, offices, dispensaries and other infrastructure projects as supported by WVK in all Area Development Programme (ADPs) in Kenya as per NEMA requirement.
- Preparation of EIA/ESIA reports including impact, identification, evaluation and formulation of mitigation measures and development of Environmental Management Plans (EMP)
- Review of ESIA reports for WVK supported projects and submit to NEMA for approval and follow-up on issuance of licenses.
- Developing guidelines to be used in engaging external consultants to do EISA for World Visions
- Coordinate and provide leadership in all planned and undertaken EIAs/ESIAs for projects supported by World Vision Kenya.
- Ensure EMPs are implemented for all infrastructure projects in liaison with all relevant stakeholders and ADPs
- Engineering Design and supervision 25%
- In collaboration with other design team members, carryout feasibility studies of new initiated project
- In collaboration with other design team members, coordinate Engineering surveys of new initiated project
- In collaboration with other design team members, carryout supervision of designed projects being implemented to ensure they meet the requisite thresholds as per the design
- Program Monitoring, capacity building and Reporting 15%
- Ensuring that Environmental management plans and impact mitigation are implemented in all the projects
- Support WASH team in quarterly review, and experience sharing meetings with the region (especially the WASH Learning Centers).
- Review the design document to ensure programme plans meet sector standards for better practice in that technical area.
- Confirm that the design meets national office programme design quality standards, including addressing cross-cutting issues.
- Develop and implement protocols for coordinating communication between ministry units (Operation, Regional offices, IPAs) and Support Offices, key international and national donors and other stakeholders.
- Build staff capacity on EIA/ESIA Business Processes, Studies, monitoring and reporting
- Advocacy, Engagement and networking 15%
- Ensure effective linkages with Ministry of Water, Environment and Natural Resources, National Environmental Management Authority and Water Resources Management Authority
- Resource Acquisition 10%
- Fundraising for the Design unit by charging projects done.
- Support fundraising team during proposal development upon their request especially on environmental and social issues
- Others 5%
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Participate in any other fora as assigned
- Available to represent WVK at critical functions and moments as needed
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The holder of this position must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Water and Environmental Engineering or any other a relevant field from a recognized University. Masters degree is preferred
- Must be registered with NEMA (National Environment and Management Authority) as Associate or lead expert
- Must have undertaken at least ten (5) Environmental-Social Impact Assessment reports that are submitted and approved by NEMA including boreholes, water pipelines, buildings, water pans/dams among other infrastructure projects.
- They must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development, relief and/or advocacy project, Environment or WASH related interventions;
- The holder of this position must be results orientated person who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Be a registered professional member
- Must be a strong team player with ample experience in public relations
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: