World Vision International Job Vacancy 2018 for Communications Officer – IMARA, Application details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Vision International Job Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision International Job Vacancy 2018
- Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
- Grade Level: 13
- Location: Nanyuki
Purpose of the position:
To operationalize a broad field Communications agenda for both local and global stakeholders to increase the overall influence, income and impact of the Project and World Vision Kenya for child well-being by performing core communications and media functions of the Project and of the Livelihood & Resilience Technical Programme.
The position Holder must be able to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Production of Communications resources for IMARA
(Media, Internal, Emergency, Advocacy, Community Voice Comms)
- Production of high quality, Natural Resource Management, child focused, compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print, photo and video content) for effective Sida and public engagement.
- Produce high quality, NRM, child-focused visual (photo and/or video) content that engages broad audiences and enables supporter transformation, staff engagement, and advocacy and revenue generation.
- Develop and maintain media contacts, pitch compelling NRM content and position IMARA in influential media outlets in the national and global levels.
- Produce rapid information and compelling needs and impact-focused content for Partnership communications and marketing for Environment and Climate Change related issues.
- Prepare written project materials, internal newsletters, presentation materials and other communications products for the Sida, GoK, IMARA Consortium.
- Develop and publish digital content for IMARA
- Identify story concepts, host and accompany Sida, other donor, Support Offices, or VIP visits
- Design and manage a project website and a social media platform that engage audiences
- Contribute articles, stories, blog and any other information on IMARA on to the integrated WV Kenya website
Planning and Capacity Building, 25%
- Provide communications advice including crafting of
- relevant messages and use of the right media
- Create relationships and connections utilizing various channels for information sharing, learning, influence to help shape and advance the communications agenda;
- Develop strategic solutions to given communications challenges.
- Conceptualization of video productions with NO-based Videographer;
- Facilitate training on communications for development skills for IMARA Staff and Consortium members’ staff;
- Train and position approved media spokespersons to respond to media inquiries and achieve positive coverage for IMARA Grant and World Vision Kenya and;
- Support the Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team by producing communication resources/materials for marketing the IMARA grant
Learning, Documentation and Quality Assurance, 15%
- Document successful stories/case studies and best, and share these during learning/knowledge management events
- In consultation with MEAL and coordination with WV Kenya Project Manager organize learning and knowledge sharing events
- Review project publications and external marketing engagement materials for alignment to WVI quality and brand.
- Ensure compliance to the Code of Engagement, maximizing positive impact for all stake holders
- Provide timely and quality project reports as required
Any other duty 5%
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or other relevant training from a recognized university;
- Minimum four (4) year’s professional experience in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Experience in writing/communication of NRM/Environment and Climate Change (ECC) and other L&R Initiatives will be preferred.
- Excellent oral and writing skills; ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting and motivating manner;
- Must have good photography skills;
- Competent in new digital platforms and devices and traditional office applications (Word, Power point and excel);
- Download Job Details
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: