World Vision International Job Vacancies 2018 for National Coordinator Gender & Disability
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and coordination of World Vision Kenya’s efforts to mainstream Gender and Disability within WVK’s program areas, aimed at achieving child wellbeing outcomes. This includes technical support and advice to program staff and managers on issues of gender justice.
Technical Support 30%
- Participate in the development of the Gender and Disability Technical Approach and Programs implemented by WVK
- Coordinate development, dissemination and roll-out of Gender and Disability National Strategy guidelines within WVK.
- Contextualize and adapt partnership and international trends and emerging issues on Gender and Disability roll out to WVK.
- Ensure all Gender and Disability strategic mandates and specific interventions are done in compliance with set partnership, donor, national and international standards.
- Timely provide Gender and Disability technical support to the regions, projects/grants as needed to ensure Gender and Disability interventions meet WV, donor and international standards.
- Ensure linkage with EARO and GC Gender and Disability team for continued technical backstopping to enable quality programming within Kenya.
- Ensure that Gender and Disability standards and policies are developed in coordination with partnership entities.
- Ensure effective integration of Gender; Peace, Child Protection, Disability, Christian commitment and Advocacy in programming
- Provide technical guidance to ensure mainstreaming of Gender and Disability in assessment, baselines and evaluations projects.
- Ensure development, dissemination and monitoring of Gender and Disability standards, operating documents to achieve child well-being targets.
- Ensure development, and roll out of monitoring tools guidelines, policies, technical approaches, and other standard operating documents to achieve child well-being targets.
- Ensure Gender and Disability integration in Area Plans, re/ designs and concepts/proposals.
- Upscale and support WVK’s current work and integration on Sector within and among WVK’s areas of operation.
- Ensure Gender and Disability key performance indicators are met.
- Coordinate contributions to National and County level Gender and Disability strategies drawn from local level programming lessons.
- Identify capacity gaps in Gender and Disability to inform the national level staff capacity development strategy
- Ensure skills and capacity development for staff and partners in, Gender and Disability approaches.
Program Development and Grants Acquisition 25%
- Support PDGA team to pre-position, develop and market Gender and Disability proposals/concepts.
- Coordinate with programs team to ensure that grant projects meet operational compliance as per the set donor standards.
- Support the grants acquisition team in actual writing of concepts and proposals to increase funding gender and disability interventions as well as other areas of the technical programme.
- Responsible for working with the Technical Programme leads to determine the funding deficit and needs of the various locations.
- Work with the Grants Acquisition Team to establish donor linkages, develop and market fundraising products (concept notes, proposals etc.) and acquire extra (Non Sponsorship) financial support for the Program.
- Support PDGA the start-up and handing-over processes in collaboration with PDGA.
Accountability, Learning and Innovation 20%
- Provide technical guidance to ensure mainstreaming of Gender and Disability in baselines and evaluations of Programs and grant projects
- Coordinate regular learning forums to profile, communicate and unsure adaptation of promising practices.
- Coordinate identification, documentation and sharing of promising practices to inform evidence programing.
- Coordinate new and innovative Gender and Disability research ideas to document, publish and share findings
- Collate, analyze, interpret and utilize Gender and disability monitoring data for reporting and decision making
Engagement Networking and Advocacy 20%
- Establish and maintain strategic contacts with partners to support Gender and Disability programming.
- Coordinate involvement of WVK’s in key National/ International Days such as International Women’s day.
- Ensure WVK’s representation in key strategic national/international Gender and Disability related working groups and forums.
- Lead in development and utilization of MOUs / working agreements with partners.
- Ensure mainstreaming of advocacy in Gender and Disability.
- Coordinate contributions to national and county level Gender and Disability strategies drawn from local level programming lessons
- Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences- Social Work, Gender, Community Development, Disability or related degree in a recognized university
- Relevant Post graduate qualification(s) will be an added advantage
- At least 6 years’ experience in Gender and Disability programming with evidence of successful implementation of program
- A good understanding of the international gender mainstreaming approaches
- Must have both an extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design, management and evaluation principals
- He/ she should have demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred.
- Must be computer literate
- Proven track record in engaging with government ministries and other stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of WV working systems, policies and standards will be an added advantage
- Ability to build capacity of staff on relevant technical fields
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to deliver results
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: