World Health Organization Job Vacancies 2018 for Programme Assistant (Hub Nairobi)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe Management & Administration Unit of the Health Emergencies Programme is responsible for effective management and administrative support for the emergencies programme and for ensuring that WHO emergency operations are rapidly and sustainably financed and staffed. This consists of the provision of high-quality, predictable administrative services (i.e. HR, Finance, work planning, grant management) to the Emergency Programme, including during emergency response, as well as effective monitoring of (and compliance with) SOPs, leading to continuous improvement and business process excellence. The Programme Assistant reports to the Programme Officer with second level supervision by the Programme Area Manager, Management & Administration (MGA).The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.Description Of DutiesUnder the supervision of the Budget and Finance Officer, the Programme Assistant will provide the following support to Managers and staff members:General
- Administration of staff including orientations on rules and regulations;
- Organize and participate to meetings on day-to-day administrative issues ;
- Assist in planning budget and HR plan for the hub.
- Assists international staff with importation, purchasing and registration of their private vehicles and personal effects and initiate arrangements with local custom in collocation with the Operation Officer in the Country office;
- Follow-up leave and absence for staff members within the hub.
- Monitor contracts for staff members in the hub and report their expiry dates to the administrator.
- Ensure implementation of recommendations made during missions.
Procurement and inventories management
- Assistant in Procurement forecasting;
- Assist the hub in preparing their procurement forecasts;
- Based on the procurement forecast plan, the Assistant provides support in executing related procurement activities and may be asked to participate with or in place of the supervisor at meetings with suppliers or programme units.
- Raise or revise request for procurement of goods and services,
- This includes initiation of non-staff contracts (Consultant and SSA) as per requests from programmes;
- Ensures the selected suppliers/contractors list is sent for creating supplier creation.
- Acknowledge receipt of goods and services in GSM;
- Keep/update records of all inventorable items for the hub;
- Manage allocation of office space and equipment to staff members in collaboration with the Administrative Services Team.
Travels and meetings management
- Raise and manage meeting plans in GSM;
- Raise and manage Travel Requests for meetings and official missions;
- Ensure compliance with the Travel Policy;
- Manage administrative arrangements for all WCO meetings and official missions and travel plans;
- The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar or different positions within the hub.
Required QualificationsEducationEssential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial/Management education.Desirable: University degree in Management.ExperienceEssential: 5 years of relevant experience.Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.Skills
- Good knowledge of standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Excellent knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and practices in terms of administrative and financial management;
- Good Planning capacity;
- Ability to create and maintain healthy working relationships with people of different nationalities and cultures
- 1. Communicating in a credible & effective way
- 2. Fosters integration and team work
- 3. Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
Use Of Language skills essential: Expert knowledge of English.Desirable: Working knowledge of French.Additional Information
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: