World Food Programme Recruitment 2018 for Mobile Developer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Food Programme Recruitment 2018 for Mobile Developer. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Food Programme Recruitment 2018
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
JOB AND PURPOSE
In the past years, the Technology Division (TEC) has established a strong and robust knowledge in application development. With the growing demand of very specialized mobile applications and in order to enforce the role of guidance, innovation and support to the WFP IT initiatives, the Digital Service Hub, as part of TEC, is in need to hire a Mobile application developer that will be involved in several projects and initiatives and will act as focal point with external vendors who may be involved in order to scale up with the development capacity.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advanced University Degree and/or advanced courses/training with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Computer Science , Mathematics or Software Engineering
Minimum 3 years post graduate, progressively responsible professional experience as Mobile Developer within an organization and a proven record of accomplishment in development and implementation of IT applications.Possession of a combination of broad business skills and IT experience including:
- IT solution development: Requirements, Design, Development, Implementation.
- Business analysis: creation and review of business, functional and non-functional requirements for IT solutions.
Language : English Fluency Level C
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the general and functional supervision of the Head of Field Application Development unit, the Django/Python developer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Code Development
- Analyze business requirements and design/develop new system functionality.
- Rapidly and independently develop mobile application prototypes following the rigorous software development and quality assurance/test coverage standards of the WFP Technology Division.
- Create and maintain software design models and technical documentation
- Technical Coordination with External Developers
- Develop fully functional mobile applications in coordination with remotely located software developers, adopting the SCRUM methodology, a team ticketing system and a shared source code repository.
- Platforms Maintenance
- Develop enhancements to implement new features and to strengthen application automations, validations, and reports.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and fix bugs affecting the mobile application in different environments (production, sandbox, training, etc.).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Strong experience with Development standard tools/methodologies
- Good knowledge of WFP IT infrastructure / Services.
- Strong and proven experience with native mobile applications development stacks (for both Android and iOS then Java and Swift) or ReactNative mobile framework.
- Strong and proven experience in using Git versioning system and GitFlow.
- Strong and proven experience in working in a Scrum Agile environment.
A certain degree of autonomy and self-management skills are required in order to identify solutions to be submitted to the related Team Leader for final approval.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a six (6 ) months asignment open to Kenya nationals is based in Nairobi.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: