World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2019 for Procurement Intern, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2019
See Also – KCC Job Vacancy 2019 for Technician.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Regional Bureau for East and Central Africa, located in Nairobi, provides strategic and policy guidance as well as technical support to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Eritrea, Somalia, South Sudan, Djibouti and Uganda.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of a Procurement Intern based in the Procurement Unit of the Regional Bureau, Nairobi.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in the University and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate programme within the last 6 months from a university preferably in Procurement related qualifications, Food Commodity Markets, CIPS or any related field;
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme (Masters degree) from a recognized university and have attended classes in the past 12 months,
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in English (both oral and written) is a must; knowledge of a second UN language, preferably French would be an asset.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information to support the drafting of procurement documents and preparing reports by procurement staff
2. Respond to procurement queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide timely and accurate service to clients
3. Assist in drafting of procurement documents, analysis of offers and making recommendations for award of contracts
4. Assist in contract expediting with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services
5. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation
6. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function
7. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff, with a view to support client units effectively
8. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems
9. Work with client units, taking on feedback where appropriate, to assist in effective business support from procurement unit
Procurement processes and procedures
Market Research and analysis
Online tendering procedures
Food Quality & Safety awareness training
Contracting of Construction services
Goods & Services procurement
Supplier Relationship Management
TRAINING COMPONENTS & LEARNING ELEMENTS
- On the job coaching & training
- Field trips
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Quick learner, good listener, team player, hard worker
- Good level of understanding of the procurement process and procedures
- Accuracy with documents and figures
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: