World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior IT Assistant Service Desk Analyst, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2018
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant field..
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in IT, SCOPE and/or related field.
Desirable Skills: IT consultant with software analysis profile, familiar with WFP delivery mechanism processes, electronic money transfer systems and SCOPE platform.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority): Working in the SCOPE Unit, under the direct supervision of the SCOPE Service Support Manager, the Senior IT Assistant (Service Desk Analyst) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Work in a shift as per the roster (the service operates on 24/7/365 basis. Shift duty is mandatory including nights and weekend shifts.)
- Manage the resolution of problems, design knowledge base, workaround and presentation on the known errors:
- Monitor the implementation of policies, procedures and standards of SCOPE and make the necessary corrections where necessary; participate in change advisory board;
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.
- Receive incidents and service requests through phone, email or any other medium and log them as tickets in the Incident Management System. To assign the priority to the tickets based on Urgency and Impact of the issue;
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed;
- Troubleshoot the issues by remote connection to user’s machine under different environments. To troubleshoot, interpret problems by using manual or automated diagnostic programs, and resolve recurring technical difficulties.
- Carry out Configuration Management to track Configuration Items (Cis) and the dependencies between them, such as but not limited to SCOPE devices. Communicate with clients and follow up on all open and pending tickets. Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary
- Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate) to regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR
- Perform the activities under the direct supervision of the SSS support lead and undertake additional tasks as required; work a shift system as per the roster. (The service operates from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. weekdays and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at weekends and public holidays. Shift duty is mandatory)
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Governance, Strategy and Architecture
Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization
Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: