World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2018 for Logistics Officer Operations, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Food Programme Job Vacancy 2018
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s greatest strength is its workforce of 16,000 dedicated humanitarians, who work tirelessly around the world to achieve Zero Hunger, often under difficult conditions. Working for WFP is a chance to serve the world’s most vulnerable people through modern humanitarian approaches, in a dynamic, global environment where life-changing experiences are the norm. Joining WFP is a gateway to a creative, and professionally and personally rewarding humanitarian career.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are likely to be found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). In the field, role holders typically report to the Head of Field Office or the designate. In RBs and HQ, job holders report to a more senior Logistics Officer. Job holders are likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of the logistics operations and activities.
The National Roster Talent Pool is an entry point for a professional national career with WFP. The National Roster Talent Pool is a collaborative proactive talent mapping initiative of Regional Bureau-Nairobi, WFP Kenya Country Office and WFP Somalia Country Office as they seek to build a pool of highly qualified and dynamic professionals interested in working with WFP, when the need arises.
Selected applicants will undergo a rigorous process, which includes screening against the job requirements, a technical test and a panel interview.
Successful national roster applicants will be notified and placed on the pool for a period of up to 1 year during which he/she and will be engaged for fixed term national positions in any of the three WFP offices ( Kenya Country Office , Somalia Country Office or The Regional Bureau in Nairobi when the need arises.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
2. Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
3. Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
4. Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
5. Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
6. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
8. Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
9. Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an ‘I will’/’We will’ spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: