World Food Programme Job Vacancies 2018 for Site Maintenance Assistant
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications and Experience :
- Successful Completion of Secondary School Education (KCSE) and Diploma in Building and Construction or Civil engineering.
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Training and/or experience in using computers including Word, Excel. Knowledge of other software such as AutoCAD or ArchiCAD will be an added advantage.
- Should be able to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds within and outside WFP.
- Good spoken English and Kiswahili.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administration Associate and technical supervision of the Engineer
To perform a variety of site maintenance tasks to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and repairs of WFP Office and Guesthouse Premises to ensure all facilities are in good working condition. These include generators, lighting, air-conditioners and power points.
- Supervise minor construction activities within the compound to ensure works are carried out satisfactorily and in compliance with contracts.
- Conduct periodic inspection of office and guesthouse facilities to identify defects and prepare report on the same providing repair estimated costs and forward to supervisor for approval.
- Repair and maintain plumbing defects and ensure proper drainage of water in the office and guesthouse facilities.
- Other duties include:
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets.
- Replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains
- Repair and maintenance of carpentry defects to ensure that the office and guesthouse facilities, works to include but not limited to those listed below:
- Repair structures and fixtures of wood and plywood origin, broken wardrobes, cabinets, door & window frames etc.
- Ability to build and install cabinets, frames, etc.
- Repair fixtures such as locks, door knobs, handles etc
- Carry out checks on areas of the building services, fire extinguishers, generators and other equipment for proper functioning etc.
- Be on call and be available in the event of an emergency relating to systems failure and emergency repairs.
- Perform other related duties as required
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an ‘I will’/’We will’ spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of safety precautions.
- Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Ability to maintain accurate and precise records.
- High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to draft correspondence and write and spell correctly.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: