World Food Programme Intern Job Recruitment 2018 for Vulnerability Assesment and Mapping
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping Unit The position will be based at our the Regional Bureau in Nairobi for a period of 6 months.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ [[Economics, Information Technology , Development Studies or Communication]];
- Proficiency in Ms Office : Word , Exel , Powerpoint , Publisher , Outlook , SPSS , Stata, Epi info
- Fluent in English
- [[Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and audio video editing programmes is an advantage ]]
The selected candidate will be assisting the Unit with the following key duties:
- Help in the collection and synthesis of market data, food security data and other information from Country offices.
- Help in putting together the Regional food security picture for consolidation within the FSNWG.
- Provide support to VAM staff on activities underway.
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the MVAM monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
- Contribute to learning on the use of SMS, IVR and other mobile tools to collect and disseminate food security information in vulnerable communities
- Help in the organization of data sets so that they comply with the Tableua platform
- Update the data for the atlas and prepare the data set for web-based application.
- Write blog posts and external articles to document lessons learned in food security monitoring, success stories and key findings
- Prepare communications materials such as presentations, graphics, podcasts & videos
- Support with social media (Twitter, Facebook)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Have exposure to food security , database, some ezperience in communication and or journalsim , graphic design or video skills production is an added advantage
Knowledge of specific food security and imdicators and tools used in Food Security analysis such as CARI , FCS etc.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: