World Concern NGO Job Vacancies 2018 for Development Officer
World Concern is a Christian organization committed to pursuing abundant life together with communities through long-term, sustainable community development.
We are seeking to hire a Country Transformational Development Officer (CTDO) to establish and promote Transformational Development (TD) as World Concern’s foundational strategic approach in our Chad Country Program.
The CTDO is a new country-level member of staff. He or she will report to the Regional TD Officer and will be part of the Transformational Development department.
The person is expected to champion TD principles and ensure adoption and implementation of TD tools and strategies at the Chad Country and field Level.
The specific responsibilities of the person will be to:
- Conduct ongoing in-country training on concepts and principles of TD. This will be done in cooperation with the Regional TD Officer but will be more country-specific in terms of the cultural context but also in terms of the program context. It will allow for a further tailored approach to training and local, immediate follow-up on action plans.
- In cooperation with country program staff, develop the overall One Village Transformed (OVT) program country-level and cluster-level strategies.
- Oversee the monitoring, evaluation, and incorporation of lessons learned in active OVT communities and clusters.
- Together with program staff, develop and ensure adoption of context-specific community contribution guidelines throughout World Concern programming.
- Act as the point person for developing and implementing strategies for the practical integration of our mission, vision and values within the staff and throughout World Concern Chad programming.
- Document lessons learned/best practices and disseminate lessons learned from other TD-focused initiatives in the country and region. This includes but is not limited to: savings and lending groups, self-help groups, church engagement programs, and care groups.
- Promote a shift to an abundance-mind-set among staff and partners by encouraging the adoption of asset-based community development approaches throughout programming.
- Ensure that there is a deliberate effort to give beneficiaries an effective voice in decision making at all levels of project cycle.
- Guide program teams in conducting baseline studies for new and existing OVT projects.
- Strengthen community leadership by ensuring integration/adoption of World Concern’s Community Leaders Training program in our project areas.
- Ensure the integration of all dimensions of holistic development in all field projects.
- Empower country staff to develop and put in place community systems to facilitate technical and financial sustainability of our projects.
- Come up with initiatives to intentionally target and empower vulnerable populations within our project areas.
- Document signs of transformation happening at the field level and communicate them on platforms developed by World Concern.
- Make follow-up on action plans for commitments made by country staff members in past and future TD trainings.
The CTDO will be successful if:
- There is a measurable increase in the meaningful participation of women and other minorities in community-based institutions.
- OVT is operating according to established strategies.
- Staff consistently articulate and employ effective strategies for integration of our mission, vision and values.
- Best practices for core sectors are consistently employed across country-level programming.
- There is a greater understanding of and appreciation by staff of the importance of the participation of beneficiaries in all projects that concern them, throughout every stage of the project cycle, both in decision-making and in practical contribution.
- The Community Leadership Training manual is adopted for use across development projects in the country.
- There is evidence of systems that have been put in place to ensure technical and financial sustainability of projects.
- There is adoption of strengths-based approaches to community development across our projects.
- Spiritually mature follower of Jesus Christ, with sound biblical knowledge and commitment to World Concern’s values, vision and mission
- A bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Sociology, Rural development or related field
- At least 5 years field experience working in integrated development
- Significant experience in staff and beneficiary training
- Demonstrated success in working cross-culturally with diverse teams, including working with various faith backgrounds.
- Extensive experience in integrating development work with biblically-informed values and beliefs. Prior involvement in ministry in a restricted context will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in French and English, fluent written and spoken is a must. Knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to be based in the field and to travel frequently in the region.
- Awareness of and ability to work in fragile contexts
- Working Knowledge of participatory programme methodologies and community engagement techniques
- Good knowledge of gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Strong facilitation skills
World Concern is a Christian organization and the incumbent must be willing to agree to its organizational mission and vision, core values, and ethos.
The officer will be based at the Goz Beida field office.
The position requires weekly travels to remote, insecure project sites with very bad roads.
Additional travel to other regions may be required.
The person must be willing to live and work in the harsh environment with minimal support and also work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic organizational environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to [email protected]not later than 23rd February 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More