Womankind Kenya Recruitment 2018 for Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting & Learning (Mer&l) Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Womankind Kenya Recruitment 2018 for Monitoring... Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Womankind Kenya Recruitment 2018
Womankind Kenya (WOKIKE) is a National NGO with community-based development initiatives targeting pastoral population in Kenya. Our head office is located in Garissa County; liaison office in Nairobi and several field offices. The organization targets women and children, the most vulnerable members of the society; it addressed issues of education, improved sustainable livelihoods, water and sanitation, health, Human rights and advocacy, women’s empowerment; civic education, emergency/disaster interventions. WOKIKE works with the pastoral communities at large for improved well-being of the population
Womankind Kenya supports community initiatives through;
(i) capacity building demand side for effective advocacy;
(ii) the inclusion of beneficiary population in the planning and monitoring of community projects to ensure quality;
(iii) Service delivery through model community infrastructures.
Reporting To: Programs Manager
Work Station: Nairobi (with field visits)
Start Date: Immediate
Positions Key role
To be responsible for supporting and managing Womankind Kenya’s evidence generation of outputs and impact of our work in projects and aggregately at organization level.
The Role will ensure each project has a robust results frameworks and action plan to operationalize them. The role will provide quality assurance of routine data collection, data analysis, oversight over external evaluations and value for money studies to ensure they deliver the intended quality and excellence in evidencing our work. This will be done in collaboration with Programme leads and advisors. The role holder will use experience from doing this to contribute to the development of Womankind Kenya’s policy and strategy related to evidencing the results and impact of our work.
Representation: This role will use evidence-based reporting and communication products for strategic representation of WOKIKE’s internally and externally and supporting the Executive Director and programme team in engagement with donors, governments and another stakeholder.
Personal development to ensure up to date knowledge and practices around good practice in monitoring, evaluation and learning through reading, online courses, mentorship and coaching, conference attendance and presentations, publications
- High robust evidence of WOKIKE’s outputs and impact from interventions based on sound methodologies.
- Compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of MEAL frameworks
- Strong MER&L planning and evaluation procedures
- Positive relationships developed with partners through effective communication.
- Decisions on programme work informed by data and WOKIKE’s strategic focus areas.
- Strong linkages between organization work and advocacy, communications and fundraising roles within the organization.
Person Specifications and Qualifications:
- Holds a Bachelor Degree in areas of Development Studies, Communications, Law, Public Policy, Sociology and other related specialization with advanced training in research and quantitative and qualitative research methods, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Good knowledge of operational research methods with evidence of leading on impact evaluation of development projects.
- Knowledge of official donors such as European Union, DFID, USAID etc policies on evidencing results.
- Understanding of issues of governance, power, gender and rights
- Familiarity with programme cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Familiarity with Emergency relief, preparedness and humanitarian aid and their link to development work
- Experience of facilitation, training and network building
How to Apply
Please supply a covering letter indicating your current salary as well as you expected salary and a copy of your curriculum vitae outlining your qualifications and experience and providing two referees, this must reach us at email@example.com by 5 pm, Friday 27th July 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: