Wisen HR Recruitment 2018 for IT Infrastructure Engineer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Wisen HR Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Wisen HR Recruitment 2018
Our client, a could services company with an extensive infrastructure in servers, storage and network capacity, is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility in providing the company with Systems Administration support.
The Infrastructure Engineer will would have some experience working in an IT environment dealing with cloud technologies whose main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
Infrastructure Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Provide on-going support of the existing cloud infrastructure
- Ensure that infrastructure systems are available, operational (24×7).
- Being able to respond to alerts and take corrective action to ensure platform uptime is maintained
- Participate in a schedule of on-call rotation (after working hours)
- Being interested and able to grow in developing architectural designs, scripting, automated IT infrastructure systems. Learning platform area elements, enhanced configuration management systems, for example Chef, Puppet
- Work in coordination with other internal teams to ensure the infrastructure fully and effectively supports current and planned application systems.
Requirements for the Infrastructure Engineer Job
To ensure you are a prime candidate for this opportunity it is essential that you have
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline.
- Relevant training or experience in Enterprise Systems and/or Network Administration (UNIX/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows)
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure, experience building high availability infrastructure
- An understanding on Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH,)
- A degree of knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center infrastructure
- Experience with Databases (MS SQL, MYSQL, etc) is good to have, but not a must for this position.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms (KVM, Citrix, VMware) is desirable
- Experience with programming/scripting languages is desirable
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines
- Strong interest to learn the latest automation tools
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills is a must. Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team oriented environment.
- Customer oriented skills
How to Apply
Compensation: A competitive compensation will be negotiated with the right candidate, commensurate with experience and skills.
Location: The role holder will be based in Kilimani, Nairobi
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 23rd May 2018
Correspondence: Applications to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More