Wisen HR Recruitment 2018 for Finance & Accounts Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Wisen HR Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Wisen HR Recruitment 2018
Our client, a film production company, is hiring a Finance & Accounts Officer to join their team.
Job purpose summary:
Responsible for ensuring that commercially focused information is provided to the management team to aid in timely and sound business decision making by maintaining financial and accounting services.
Finance and Job responsibilities:
Financial interpretation and analysis
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Partner with product management in determining financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product rollout etc. and prepare periodic fore casts to update management on projected results.
- Analyse financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the company to all the company’s stakeholders including shareholders, analysts, creditors, employees and other members of management.
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement
- Report to management on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances
- Design and lead the annual budgeting and forecasting activities for the company.
- Prepares departmental budgets and monitors departmental expenditures.
- Assist in the determination of project pricing in relation to features offered and competitor
- Investing the company’s money, taking into consideration risk and liquidity.
- Ensure compliance in all taxation processes
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the capital structure of the company, determining the best mix of debt, equity and internal financing
- Identify and report what areas of a company are most efficient and how the company can capitalize on this information
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger, petty cash and bank accounts
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts and process supplier invoices
- Maintain the purchase order systems and financial file record keeping
- Prepare cheques for all accounts due within the specified timelines.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare profit & loss accounts, balance sheets, monthly financial statements, monthly reports and report on any variances.
- Maintain and reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all monies
- Prepare accurate journal summaries on a monthly basis
- Prepares the weekly debtors/creditors report to aid Management in decision – making.
- Organizes a recovery system and initiates and follows up on collection of all outstanding debt from suppliers.
- Calculate employee salaries, deductions and contributions and submit remittances of Tax returns, PAYE, NSSF, and NHIF on a timely basis.
- Prepare, review and file payroll summaries, journals and reports.
- Order office supplies and manage the filing, storage and security of financial documents.
- Maintain booking registers, issue payments for work permits and licenses within the specified timelines.
Qualifications for the Finance and Accounts Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, business and a CPA (KK)) required. Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting is an added advantage.
- 3 + years of experience in similar position; experience with operations in a film production company preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Experience using financial management software – QuickBooks, Sage, Pastel, preparing financial statements, and managing tax preparation and submission.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self – motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
How to Apply
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 15th June 2018
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online: CLICK HERE
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: