Wisen HR Job Vacancies 2018 for IT Support Assistant
Our client dealing in retail trade (jewelry, African art, crafts, precious and semi-precious stones) with scope of operation at the local and international levels is recruiting for an IT Support Assistant.
Salary: Kshs. 30,000
- Position’s primary focus may be in the areas of computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), helpdesk, and data management.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services.
- Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results.
- Utilizes computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments. Requires minimum supervision and may act as lead when the need arises.
- Updates supervisor on status of projects or technical issues.
- Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support.
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Tests programs; updates antivirus, runs drivers, replaces broken hardware and machinery needed at HQ and shops
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages;
- Administers user accounts;
- Designs and produces basic reports; formats, sheets and runs barcodes on RMS
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns;
- Maintains records; of Return on Inventory
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
- Be on call for system maintenance- internet, faulty hard-drive/ software
- Perform administrative functions of operations as directed by supervisor
- Configuring of hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network users.
- Responsible for writing reports, tracking inventory, evaluating new technologies, negotiating contracts with vendors, and developing contingency plans in case of network failure.
- College graduate or equivalent with data processing training, computer operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Two or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technological environment.
- May require the knowledge of a variety of hardware as well as software, programming languages and operation systems.
- Tested on appropriate computer skills as required.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 9th March 2018
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH