Wisen HR Group Job Vacancies 2018 for Supply Chain Operations Manager
Our client, a producer of innovative, handcrafted jewelry and accessories from sustainable materials, is looking for a Supply Chain Operations Manager to join their company.
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials sourcing and supply. This role will work closely with the Finance Manager and Global Sales Team. The position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior managements, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and clarify management objectives aligned to building an innovative supply chain model for the emerging economics
- Develop and/or participate in the development of the supply chain operational strategy for the organization for the best in world agile production practices
- Oversee organization wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting and evaluation of services
- Develop analytics, systems and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports
- Manage / coordinate the sales and operations planning process for supply/ demand forecasting inventory management, and on time delivery
- Develop annuals plans with prioritization and resourcing
- Implement and adhere to transaction management best practices
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues
- Lead and manage production planning, customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation and other areas as required
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the personnel, operations and budget of an organization’s supply chain or a supply chain services company
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring and performance evaluations of supply chain staff
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor and review the work of individuals engaged in supply chain related duties
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance identity and manage risk within the supply chain
Sales & marketing
- Understands customers’ needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationship with a customer’s key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities
- Monitor and analyze current trends in the marketplace
- Manage vendor’s relationships (e.g., third party logistics)
- Manage and / or execute procurement related functions (e.g., develop and implement contracts management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and manage contracts, etc.)
- Stay informed of advances in supply chain technology and approaches, and apply within organization to improve the company’s unique supply chain processes
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning and other optimizations in order to grow the business
- Serve as a supply chain expert for the company’s proprietary ERP& MRP technology
- Undergraduate degree.
- 3-5 years’ progressive experience in Supply Chain operations
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required.
- SME experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Good team player
- Passionate about supply chain innovations
- Sourcing from emerging markets
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Wanting to be a part of something new
How to Apply
Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)