Winrock International Job Recruitment 2018 for ICT Infrastructure Engineer
The ICT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for installing, maintaining and upgrading network and computer systems while supporting and enhancing Winrock’s cyber security posture.
This position also serves as an integrated member of the HQ ICT team involved with ICT support service delivery, as well as collaborating on ICT standards and strategies.
In addition, this position will monitor and report key metrics regarding the status of Field office ICT health to the unit and will act as the primary interface between the ICT field activities and HQ ICT.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions and modifications to the supporting field infrastructure including the installation of server and networking hardware and operating systems software and other related software as required.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of network security as established by the corporate ICT department to ensure that system access to data is restricted to authorized staff.
- Troubleshoot complex application and system interactions to quickly resolve live-site and supportive system incidents.
- Works with field project teams to help design and implement internal systems that comply and integrate with the corporate Infrastructure enterprise architecture strategies.
- Assists with upgrades to the company’s telephone system at the field level.
- Reports field ICT infrastructure status concerning risks, issues, and anticipated projects to the Director, ICT Infrastructure Services & Chief Architect.
- Assists with overseeing the administration of the Winrock’s corporate infrastructure.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve ICT related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring, technical support and planning of all aspects of the network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Wireless network) while ensuring ICT environment is secure.
- Evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and testing of equipment.
- Ensuring adequate data protection measures are in place and that these are tested on a regular basis.
- Taking proactive steps to ensure an appropriate level of system availability and security.
- Risk and vulnerability assessment and risk mitigation analysis.
- Security Compliance reporting.
- Implementation of ICT security/network policies and procedures.
- Writing standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Establishing, managing and administering ICT security policy and procedures to ensure preventive and recovery strategies are in place and minimize the risk of internal and external security threats.
- Facilitates project startup by taking part in the IT equipment procurement process and provides setup configuration and maintenance management of network and servers.
- Facilitates project closeout by ensuring ICT Equipment Disposal Policy is being followed.
- Utilize the ICT Helpdesk trouble ticket system for recording all service requests, incidents, problems and resolutions. Maintain prompt and accurate records of end-user support activities and status.
- First-level support for general help-desk requests from staff and provide user-responsive technical support for institutional information, communications, and database systems. This includes an instruction to Winrock staff in the use of the standard suite of software products.
- Participate on off hours on-call duty rotation, be available on extended work hours in short notice, during weekends off business hours.
- Ability to physically perform operations related task such as lifting cartons of paper and other IT equipment’s which might weigh up to approximately 50 pounds.
- To be able to conduct end user training on various subject matters when needed. (e.g., New Hire Orientation, Field Project Orientation and Training).
- Liaises with Service Desk Analysts, internal subject matter experts, vendors, other providers of ICT services and ICT Management to ensure issues are rectified quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
- Maintains PC security systems to ensure that access to Winrock data is restricted to authorized staff.
- Manage and coordinate all equipment repairs, warranty issues, purchasing specifications in accordance with Winrock IT standards.
- Assist Winrock staff to understand their information system needs and provide solutions to meet those needs.
- Install, maintain and upgrade desktop computer hardware and software, and other related equipment for staff in a manner consistent with established Winrock standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required, master’s degree preferred.
Experience:5+ years providing ICT services at firms with multinational presence and greater than 1,000 employees required.
- System and network security
- LAN/WAN configuration (including routers and firewalls, TCP/IP Network Protocols, etc.), and computer security best practices.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and effectively manage a medium size computer network.
- Extensive current version knowledge of systems including:
- Microsoft Windows Server;
- Microsoft Azure;
- Amazon AWS;
- Office 365 administration;
- Microsoft Active Directory management, including security management using Group Policy Objects;
- Microsoft Exchange Server;
- Cloud+ and/or Cloud security.
- Information security administration, compliance; creating, testing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Network security, wireless security, application security, infrastructure hardening and security baselines, web server, and database security.
•Customer Service (I am Customer Focused)
Must be able to understand and anticipate business partner needs, obsessed about exceeding expectations with each customer interaction. Can liaise effectively with different internal teams and the ability to influence in driving the team and the pertinent departments towards processes and quality improvements.
•Administrative Knowledge (I am Competent)
Must have experience in managing multiple deliverables and setting priorities among competing demands. Familiar with office procedures including filing, Documenting, preparing written communications and preparing reports with strong attention to details.
Must have a strong command of English language, both in oral and written communications and must be able to convey and articulate opinions, cascade accurate information and technical work requirements in a manner that can be understood by all types of internal clients.
Must have a strong problem solving skill to get to get the root cause of issues and resolve them and must have solid organization skills with the ability to analyze data.
•Problem Sensitivity Aptitude
Must have the ability to identify potential problems or setbacks, evaluate the situation and provide probable solution.
•Information Ordering Skill
Must have the ability to organize thoughts critically and methodically when faced in unfamiliar problems, uncertainties, questions or dilemmas.
•Excellence (I am Quality Driven)
Strive to excel, to stand out and to surpass the expectation of business partners, while listening to their needs and deliver on that by doing it right the first time.
Always make himself abreast of self-learning and self enhancement to achieve the best potentials. Strives for excellence at work ensuring that things are properly done, if not beyond expectation. Being technically updated and apply innovations to job. Pro-actively suggests and shares opinion to co-employees and superior for the improvement of the team.
•Team Work (I am A Team Player)
Works cohesively towards achieving common goals. Creates a positive working atmosphere and support teammates ability to maintain a pro-active attitude and cooperativeness in all company-related activities and undertakings. Ability to get the work done and do his fair share to work hard and meet objectives. Consistently follows through on commitment and takes initiative to make things happen.
•Professional Integrity (I am Ethical)
Listens to the needs of the business and deliver by doing it right the first time. Demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles at work. Ability to live his values in relationship with co-employees, customers and superiors. Trustworthy and displays credibility by ‘walking the talk’ good enough to be able to display the core values of the company.
- Ability to be on call and being available to work during off-shift hours as per the on-call schedule.
- Ability to travel to international locations in developing countries.
FINANCIAL & OTHER JOB PARAMETERS:
Experience with a variety of technologies and the ability and eagerness to stay up to date with industry developments is a must for the role.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates may send their applications to email@example.com by Tuesday January 30th 2018.
*Previous applicants need not re-apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: