Windle International Job Vacancy 2018 for Monitoring Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Windle International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Windle International Job Vacancy 2018
Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
- Increase access to extracurricular academic support programs for vulnerable refugee girls in upper primary, particularly girls with special needs and over-aged learners
- Enhance ability of teachers to deliver high-quality education using gender-responsive pedagogy and inclusive teaching methods
- Improve the accessibility of digital teaching and learning materials for secondary school students and teachers
The project works in Kakuma and Dadaab Refugee Camps and the surrounding host communities
The Monitoring and Evaluation officer shall be responsible for designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities of SHULE Project; supporting the project team in data management, compilation of qualitative and quantitative reports and monitoring project activities.
In addition, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall:
- Provide leadership support to project staff in all aspects of monitoring and evaluation for the SHULE project
- Review the SHULE project work plan and monitoring tool and ensure proper tracking of agreed performance indicators, targets and timelines for effective project delivery
- Assist in the development of data collection tools, ensuring the data is collected, organized and stored ready for internal and external consumption
- Participate in BPRM organizational/joint monitoring missions at designated project sites and provide technical and contextual information for the purpose of verifying project performance.
- Lead in the tracking academic progress and well-being of project beneficiaries for the purpose of reporting and taking appropriate remedial action where applicable.
- Provide monthly and quarterly narrative project implementation reports that describe in detail activities and progress achieved against agreed output level indicators for the reporting period
The candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Development studies, Statistics, Economics or related field, such as operations research, quantitative analysis, etc.
- 3 years proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data analysis and report writing
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Demonstrated M&E field experience: skilled in collecting, manipulating, synthesizing and analysing data
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Experience in humanitarian education contexts shall be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of education issues in Africa, specifically the Great Lakes, East Africa and Horn of Africa South Sudan shall be an added advantage
- Excellent data analysis and report writing skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Excel) and presentation software (Microsoft)
- Excellent inter-personal, facilitation skills and communication skills
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting reference number 35/18 to: email@example.com
Human Resource Department, Windle International – Kenya, P O Box 40521-00100 Nairobi
on or before Monday 19th November 2018.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
WIK is an equal opportunity employer.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: