Windle International Job Vacancy 2018 for ICT Officers (2 Posts), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Windle International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Windle International Job Vacancy 2018
Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
ICT Officers – 2 positions
Location: One in Dadaab and One in Kakuma
Contract term: 7 Months contract with possibility for extension
In order to achieve this objective, the project will:
- Increase access to extracurricular academic support programs for vulnerable refugee girls in upper primary, particularly girls with special needs and over-aged learners
- Enhance ability of teachers to deliver high-quality education using gender-responsive pedagogy and inclusive teaching methods
- Improve the accessibility of digital teaching and learning materials for secondary school students and teachers
The project works in Kakuma and Dadaab Refugee Camps and the surrounding host communities.
The ICT Officer will be responsible for ongoing support on installation and maintenance of equipment for the project.
S/He will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the process of equipping the computer laboratories for successful delivery of online modules
- Provision of relevant digitized curriculum content to targeted secondary schools in liaison with project staff
- Ensuring timely procurement of required equipment to target schools and promotion of the adoption of ICT in curriculum implementation in schools.
- Installing and maintaining hardware, software and networks necessary for successful implementation of the project
- Ensuring networks are running efficiently and effectively
- Managing computer resources by maintaining an up to date IT register
- Providing administrative services and technical support for all networked workstations
- Ensuring all users adhere to network security standards
- Participating in engagements with partners on connectivity and online platform issues experienced by teachers and providing technical and contextual information for purposes of resolving any challenges experienced.
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with LAN, WAN, VSAT technologies
- Mastery of office software (MS Office, MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- Well versed in operating IT equipment
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting reference number 35/18 to: email@example.com
Human Resource Department, Windle International – Kenya, P O Box 40521-00100 Nairobi
on or before Monday 19th November 2018.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
WIK is an equal opportunity employer.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: