Windle International Job Vacancy 2018 for Counsellor (2 Posts), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Windle International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Windle International Job Vacancy 2018
Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
In order to achieve this objective, the project will:
- Increase access to extracurricular academic support programs for vulnerable refugee girls in upper primary, particularly girls with special needs and over-aged learners
- Enhance ability of teachers to deliver high-quality education using gender-responsive pedagogy and inclusive teaching methods
- Improve the accessibility of digital teaching and learning materials for secondary school students and teachers
The project works in Kakuma and Dadaab Refugee Camps and the surrounding host communities.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
The Psychosocial Counsellor will provide overall psycho-social support to the project beneficiaries.
The key responsibilities include:
- Training teachers, parents and staff to enhance their effectiveness in providing psycho-social support to the project beneficiaries
- Facilitating the establishment of school counselling mechanisms
- Providing comprehensive psychosocial counselling services to meet the needs of the project beneficiaries in target schools
- Establishing networks with other state and non-state agencies within and without the area of operation for referral purposes to address complex counselling requirements of project beneficiaries
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- A Counselling degree from a recognized University
- Valid membership with a Professional Counselling Association
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of Counselling and/or community based psychosocial programming
- Demonstrated/proven experience in working with girls
- Good report writing skills
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and insecure environment adhering to strict security guidelines
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting reference number 35/18 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resource Department, Windle International – Kenya, P O Box 40521-00100 Nairobi
on or before Monday 19th November 2018.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
WIK is an equal opportunity employer.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: