Wildlife Conservation Society Job Vacancy 2018 for Business Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Wildlife Conservation Society Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Wildlife Conservation SocietyJob Vacancy 2018
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
Summary of Position Function:
The main purpose of this role will be to oversee the budget and finances of the region, and to provide direct support to the Regional Director in managing the operations of the Regional Program. The Regional Business Manager will continually assess and document the financial health of the Regional Program, develop both short and long term financial plans for the Region, and work with the Regional Director and associated Country Program staff on grant management and fundraising. S/he regularly provides reports for management in the region and headquarters.
Responsibilities for the Regional Business Manager Job
- Financial Management and Planning: Ensure Regional Director has the financial information they require to manage and fundraise for the Region; Provide monthly key performance indicators for each country and all multi-country grants; Work with Regional Controller to resolve any issues with finances in the Region; Annual presentation of short and long term financial plans for each country with detailed variance analysis on prior plans; Report regularly to headquarters about the financial state of the Region.
- Budget Leadership: Manage and maintain the Regional Program budget; Lead the annual WCS budgeting process for all countries in the Region; Responsible for working with Country Finance teams to understand and report on full program costs; Serve as the budget lead for regional grants; Review country budget adjustments, budget to actual reports, and ensure regular and timely budget updates.
- Proposal Review: Working in coordination with NY grant departments, contribute to the development of and approve all proposal budgets from the Region – ensure budgets are covering costs and are contributing to strengthening the Regional Program; ensure budgets are in line with long-term financial plan for the Region; ensure budgets are developed in compliance with WCS policies and undergo appropriate reviews
- Grant Management: Ensure regional grant administration is on track; Coordinate preparation of financial reports for regional grants; Review and approve grant financial reports prepared by Country Programs; Support Country Programs in understanding WCS grant management processes, systems, tools and donor compliance requirements.
- People Management: Work with Regional Director to manage regional staffing; Oversee HR issues in the Region; Support the recruitment and training of grant/finance/administration staff as needed.
- Fund Raising: Work with the Regional Director and Country Directors in the region to design, develop and implement fundraising strategy for the region.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Regional Director.
Regional Business Manager Job Qualifications
- The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and display evidence of good leadership, business partnering and influencing skills. S/He must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be comfortable participating both as an effective contributor, leader and listener in group settings. S/He must be well organized, self-motivated, resourceful, effective and efficient at coordinating multiple resources to get things done, with attention to detail; can work on multiple tasks at multiple levels and switch between them; can foresee and plan around obstacles.
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred. Related program of study such as finance, accounting, economics or business highly preferred.
- Proven financial management experience in an international organization (5+ years) including staff management experience.
- Effective “roll up the sleeves” work ethic; Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team. Must be solution-oriented, and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- English fluency and French fluency are required
- Excellent computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (advanced skills in MS Excel required) and major financial accounting and reporting software (SAP or equivalent)
- Experience with grants management and grant reporting in a multi-funder environment required (experience with USAID, USFWS, EU, KfW, GEF and others a benefit).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to creatively contribute to thinking on regional issues
- Self-motivated and organized with attention to detail
- Must be solution oriented with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team, with attention to mentorship and professional development of finance staff
- Languages spoken
- English fluency and French fluency are required
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to the addresses below not later than October 19, 2018. Please include “Sudano Sahel Business Manager” in the subject line of your email. Send to: [email protected] and [email protected].
Candidates must also apply online via the WCS career portal by searching job title at: http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: