Westminster Foundation for Democracy Job Vacancy 2018 for Programme Coordinator NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Westminster Foundation for Democracy job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Westminster Foundation for Democracy Job Vacancy 2018
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is a public body sponsored by the UK Government responsible for supporting the establishment of effective multi-party democracy in developing countries. Since 1992, we provide training, technical support and enable the exchange of knowledge between the institutions of the UK and those of partner countries. WFD works in partnership with UK political parties and parliamentary, electoral and civil society institutions. We are implementing programmes in over 30 countries, through a global network of over 26 local offices.
Fixed term contract of service Until September 2019 Salary: £26,400 gross per annum
The programme is funded through the DAI Deepening Democracy Programme and will focus on the following:
- improving the ability of parliamentary oversight committees to carry out effective oversight and scrutiny of public finances, aimed at supporting accountable service delivery by both national and county governments. addressing organizational capacity gaps facing parliamentary oversight committees, which hinder their ability to carry out practical oversight of public finances managed by the government Main Purpose of the Role The role will be responsible for leading, driving and coordinating the day to day delivery of programme activities and managing administrative and logistical requirement in planning, budgeting, implementation and, reporting of the programme.
- The coordinator will be preparing and disseminating project documentation, lead in the preparation of the narrative and financial reports,
- monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, distilling leering and best practices and communicating programme successes and successful case studies through WFDs reporting and information sharing mechanisms.
- One of the Programme Coordinator’s key tasks will be to realise the successful implementation of the activities of the programme. The Programme Coordinator will work closely with responsible officials of the beneficiaries of the project, including: The Senate County Public Accounts and Investment Committee; The National Assembly Public Accounts Committee and the Office of the Auditor General.
Programme Coordinator Job Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline such as social sciences. A master’s degree in development or a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area, broad familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in Democracy Assistance
- Proven experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for development programmes. Experience with MEL in the democracy support sector would be an asset
- Possess a certain degree of creativity, innovation and latitude including a good understanding and knowledge of the Kenyan democratic and political environment and its interplay with devolution
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organization, attention to detail, leadership, clear spoken and written communication, active listening, and can perform a variety of tasks
- Good command of written and spoken English essential
This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (GMT) 20th September 2018 to be considered for this role.
Please note: Due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: