Westminster Foundation for Democracy Job Vacancy 2018 for Finance Assistant NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Westminster Foundation for Democracy job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Westminster Foundation for Democracy Job Vacancy 2018
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is a public body sponsored by the UK Government responsible for supporting the establishment of effective multi-party democracy in developing countries. Since 1992, we provide training, technical support and enable the exchange of knowledge between the institutions of the UK and those of partner countries. WFD works in partnership with UK political parties and parliamentary, electoral and civil society institutions. We are implementing programmes in over 30 countries, through a global network of over 26 local offices.
WFD Kenya implements programmes that:
- strengthen the capacity of the Senate, County Assemblies and other Oversight Institutions to effectively hold the executives accountable for service delivery.
- promote best practice among County Assemblies as functional and effective legislatures that support the implementation of devolution in Kenya
- engage civil society actors for greater participation of women, youth and persons with disability in governance processes
Main Purpose of the Role
The position will be responsible for supporting all the primary financial and accounting transactions in the Kenya office and ensure financial transactions and records are undertaken and maintained in accordance with internal and external financial requirements and in compliance with the laws applicable in Kenya.
The post holder will need to be fluent in English, an excellent communicator, organised and efficient, have great attention to detail and establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the programme team and with internal and external stakeholders with exceptional financial and administrative experience and skills.
Finance Assistant Job Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline for e.g. business studies, finance, office administration, project administration or accountancy CPA, ACCA.
- Experience of, and excellent abilities in, financial administration including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting), and experience of using accounting packages
- At least one years’ experience in a similar role, in a similar type of organisation (preferably working on projects funded by the British government or other major donors)
- High levels of proficiency in Excel and experience of using accounting packages e.g. SAGE
- Excellent levels of spoken and written English and local languages
This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Please note: Due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: