Watervale Investments Job Vacancy For Operations Manager, Application Details
Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
Our company has quickly grown from its founding in 2014 to serving hundreds of furniture material retailers across Kenya. The Operations Manager is a new position which will oversee the company’s core warehousing, logistics, quality assurance and planning functions. The position is critical to ensuring that operations within the company are running smoothly as we grow. The ideal candidate will be a strong multi-tasker, able to work well under pressure and on tight timelines, and an experienced manager eager to support the development of their team.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Operations Manager Job
• Ensure that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
• Manage a team of employees and ensure that they are working in a safe and happy environment.
• Work with the team and management to ensure that the vision of the company is being implemented
• Manages the stock control, and checks that inventory records are accurate.
• Ensure the company is up to date when it comes to regulatory; we are in compliance with all government regulations. This includes audits, county licenses, fire & safety, NEMA.
• Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods.
• Responsible for ensuring that all goods that leave the warehouse are of good quality and meet customer expectations.
• Acting as a liaison to senior management and directors to keep them up to date with operations matters.
• Capacity planning. Plan for future expansion of company. Taking into considerations the expansion and how the company can adapt current policies and procedures to accommodate any future plans
• Coordinating with procurement and suppliers to ensure all goods that are needed in the warehouse are available and are being procured at best possible prices.
Operations Manager Job Qualifications
• At least 3 years management experience managing a team of at least 10 individuals.
• Experience working with/around quality control.
• Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
• Understanding of Stock Management Systems;
• Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
• Experience in negotiating and working with suppliers.
• Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Out of the box thinker.
• Multi-tasker who can think on their feet and work under pressure.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: