Viscar Capacity Job Vacancy 2018 for Support Core Engineer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Viscar CapacityJob Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Viscar Capacity Job Vacancy 2018
Reporting to the Manager – Regional Support, Core Network Support, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing 1st line support for the core network elements and systems hosted in the data center and general data center management. This role involves 1st line fault management on core network systems, routers and switches as well as other systems hosted in the data center.
- Analyzing the NE logs, carrying out Database Audits, Troubleshooting and solving of arising core network elements faults
- Solving of core network faults assigned through NOC, as well as incidents escalated from customer facing teams
- Providing workable and permanent technical solutions to reduce the downtime and repeat core network failures.
- Schedule and manage Preventive Maintenance tasks as per laid down standards.
- Track and monitor Network and Service KPIs to ensure delivery as per SLAs.
- Installation, Integration and acceptance of data center network elements
- Making configuration changes on Network elements S/W upgrades.
- Provisioning of new core network Services
- Keeping a log of all changes carried out on site
- Ensuring maintenance and support documentation are collected and properly store at the commissioning of a system.
- Carry out Audits and keep records on assets hosted in the data center
- Ensure data center visitors are well informed on safety issues prior to access of facilities
- Ensure all data center users adhere to company H&S policy
- Overall accountability for the MSRs, Data Centres and MGWs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, BSc Electronics, Telecoms, MIS, or related technical field.
Key skills and knowledge
- Training and expertise in Operations and Maintenance
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting on Power systems
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting on different hardware platforms: ATCA, ATAE, Server-Storage systems.
- Advanced knowledge in maintenance and operation of ATCA platforms: Nokia Open MGW, Nokia Open MSS, Huawei ATCA MSS, Huawei ATCA MGW, Huawei STP/DRA
- Advanced knowledge in maintenance and operation of Service Provider Networking Devices such Cisco 7609X, Huawei NetEngine Carrier Grade Router among others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to sign up, fill in their profile and apply through our HR portal at http://viscarcapacity.com/careers/ not later than COB 12th November, 2018. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More