Viscar Capacity Job Vacancy 2018 for Core Network Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Viscar CapacityJob Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Viscar Capacity Job Vacancy 2018
Our client, a Leading Telecommunications Firm with operations in Kenya, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the above position.
Purpose of the Job
The Manager-Core Network Planning will provide Strategic and Operational Leadership to ensure the efficient and effective planning of the core Mobile (Voice and Data) and Fixed line voice network in line with the business requirements (required timelines, budget constraints and quality standards). Systems include MSC, HLR, SGSN, GGSN, SSW, MGW, IMS etc.).
- Ensure future proof Core network design to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external
- Active participation in expansion and growth of the network
- Translate TKL’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into:
- Requirements for the Core Network
- Requirements for the IP Network
- Strategically drive the Design and plan for cost efficient/least cost core, to support rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking cognizance of technology developments.
- Maintains capacity and functionality requirements timeously and ahead of traffic for the PS Core, CS Core network according to departmental KPI’s in line with the company elements
- Develop policies on the deployment of selected equipment
- Approve detailed Product and Service design (route sizes, etc.)
- Approve equipment configurations to be ordered from supplier(s) including cost control
- Ensures that all the licensing requirements are met and controls budget directly related to any upgrades or licensing requirements, mission, objectives and customer satisfaction indices
- Sufficient headroom according to KPI’s to provide flexibility in customer and traffic growth
- Participate as technical lead in all procurement negotiations with vendors and select vendors based on technical expertise and ability to rollout
- Oversee Rollout of the core network
- Ensure on time planning and designs are released
- Oversee and drive rollout, installation and integration of new nodes and systems
- Oversee, drive and manage network performance in the core areas
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on performance
- Sc. Electrical/Telecommunications/ Engineering
- Additional Training in Network planning & optimization, Advanced Telecommunications and network overview, Supervisory and Leadership Training
- Seven years in Core Network Planning
Key skills and knowledge
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience; with three years in relevant sector/ industry
- Ability to take clear and economically sound decisions in a fast moving competitive environment
- People leadership and management skills and demonstrated ability to build and energize teams
- Strong can-do attitude combined with an ability to take a step back and articulate the strategic implications of key decisions
- Excellent relationship building (interpersonal skills) and negotiation skills, to establish successful partnerships with vendors and partners
- Good networking skills – the ability to build relationships internally that foster the flow of work.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to sign up, fill in their profile and apply through our HR portal at http://viscarcapacity.com/careers/ not later than COB 12th November, 2018. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: