Virtual HR Recruitment 2018 for Housekeeping Supervisor, Application Detail
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Virtual HR Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Virtual HR Recruitment 2018
Our client is in the hospitality business with four (4) hotel units operating across the country ranging from a 3-star budget business hotel to a 5-star luxury camp. They are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office.
The position will be responsible for supervising housekeeping operations in a manner that ensures that service standards are met and customers are satisfied.
Principle Accountabilities for the Housekeeping Supervisor Job
- Implementing housekeeping performance standards and other specifications in line
with best practice and ensure compliance to such standards by the housekeeping
- Implementing standard operating procedures, reviewing and initiating remedial action as
and where needed.
- Staying abreast of developments and trends in housekeeping and make
recommendation for cost saving and service improvement initiatives
- Requisitioning cleaning materials, agents and guest supplies and continually
monitor and control the usage
- Reporting faults and/or repairs, which require attention from Maintenance department
and following up to ensure appropriate timely repairs are undertaken.
- Planning, organizing, allocating and coordinating the work of the team
- Carrying out monthly stock takes, explaining variances and file stock sheets
- Reporting lost items to management and carry out first level of investigations
- Liaising with the Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate timely repairs and
- Generating and filing laundry summaries and housekeepers daily room report
- Resolving customer complaints expeditiously reporting and escalating as necessary
- Continuously assessing the competence of the team and offer coaching, support and
training as needed
- Leading, motivating, developing and controlling staff
- Deputizing the Executive Housekeeper
- any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Housekeeping Supervisor Job Qualifications
- Diploma or a Certificate in Hotel and Institutional Housekeeping and Laundry from recognized institution or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ms Office Computer Skills
- Work planning and organization skills
- Staff supervision and disciplinary skills
- Safety and hygiene awareness
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by Wednesday 27th June, 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “Housekeeping Supervisor” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: