Village Enterprise Job Vacancy 2018 for Program Coordinator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Village Enterprise Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Village Enterprise Job Vacancy 2018
Village Enterprise is a pioneer in the quest to help rural Africans lift themselves from poverty forever. Our community-based, participatory program reflects a bottom-up approach to microenterprise development. Using mobile technology and expanding through partnerships, Village Enterprise has developed a high impact graduation model that is scalable and locally adaptable.
Function: Innovations Coordinator, support the Innovations Team in Innovation, Research and Development within the graduation out of poverty space.
Job Location: Kitale, Kenya
Contract: Full time, 2 years with opportunity textend.
Reports to: Senior Innovations Manager
About the Job:
Village Enterprise is seeking a candidate whis innovative, solution oriented and creative tsupport the Innovations Team activities and Village Enterprise mission on ending extreme poverty.
The position holder involvement areas include; developing creative and innovative ideas around our Graduation Program; help in development of pilots by applying the key stages of Human Centered Design (Ideation, Piloting and Implementation); capacity training for Business Mentors and Field Coordinators and research and development of tools and strategies that ensure the organizations meets its goals.
- Core Program Support Responsibilities: 60%
- Participate in designing, adaptation; coordinate implementation, and appraise pilot projects by employing human centered design thinking approaches.
- Work with the field team tcoordinate and periodically develop materials, plan and execute Business Mentor workshops.
- Coordinate with the help of the field team tguide Bi-weekly meetings within the offices of mandate, by introducing creative materials and making them more effective.
- Support new projects, ongoing projects and calendar activities like the Innovations Summit; on theme selection, planning and overall execution.
- Participate in developing materials, inviting external resource persons that would be used ttransfer knowledge and bridge capacities of Business Mentors and Field coordinators.
- Participate in gathering of information and indentifying sustainable partnerships on Financial Inclusion, Value Chain Development, Market Intelligence and linkages.
- Write reports and develop presentations on ongoing projects, keep the whole team informed and update the documents on the various storage platforms like Google drive, and Box e.t.c.
- Occasionally contribute tproposal development by keeping track of funding opportunities for the innovations teamwork and pass such opportunities tdirect supervisor.
- Assist in the development, assessment of standard operating tools like the Training Manual, Mentoring Guides and any other that may be introduced.
- Participate in the development of training support materials like picture codes, charts and any other visual or audiaids.
- Any other innovations work or program support work that may be assigned tyou.
- Innovations and Cross-functionality Responsibilities: 40%
- Be an ardent ambassador and advocate on Innovations Teams work internally and externally if and when given the opportunity.
- Ensure synchronization of activities between the ACDs/RMs work plans and the Innovations teams work by communicating work plans and planned activities.
- Communication and coordination of work
- Weekly check-ins with supervisor (Plan and structure effective One-on-one’s)
- Provide information on work plan on Google Work Plan sheet on a weekly basis.
- Participate and contribute effectively during the weekly Innovations Team meetings
- Prompt response temail communications/ report deadlines and any follow-ups as may be requested
- Team Work and Interpersonal skills:
- Leverage on his/her interpersonal skills tensure cohesiveness and teamwork.
- Coordinator will take the time tunderstand other Coordinator’s, Manager’s and Director’s projects and actively provide insightful input.
- Coordinator thinks of how timprove synergies on the team and improve workflow as a team
- Management and Leadership:
- The Coordinator manages competing tasks and deadlines with openness and efficiency
- The Coordinator manages his/her own projects, including tracking their own deadlines and deliverables and executing next steps without needing tbe reminded or prompted.
- Provides desired leadership and guidance, has personal initiative and is self-driven towards achieving organizations goals.
- Innovations Coordinator desired skills
- Be a creative thinker with a natural knack towards developing projects and works that address the goals of the organization.
- Be a solution oriented individual, whis able tasses, analyze situations and come up with well thought out solutions.
- Detail oriented person, whstrives tget in-depth understanding of pilots and projects through application of Human Centered Design Thinking methods.
- The educational background that has created a base of understanding tbe applied in the role. This will be a combination of university level degree preferably in Project Management/Agribusiness/Entrepreneurship, Micro-Finance or Business Administration and Management.
- At least 3 years experience working in the Livelihoods development field, Value chains development, Market systems analysis, Market intelligence and linkages or rural micro-finance is a plus.
How to Apply
Please send your Resume and motivation letter as single file attachment, specifying how your experience and qualifications are well suited for this role to [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE: