Villa Resort Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Accountants
Our Client, an all Villa Resort Located on the on the stunning white sandy beach, on the South East Coast of Zanzibar Island is seeking to recruit a Detail-Oriented Senior Accountant to be part of their Finance Team.
Compensation Package: Net Salary of USD (800 – 1000), Accommodation, Medical Cover
Job Summary: Oversee all of the financial activities, including the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for future business growth.
- Manage all day to day accounting operations of the company ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly financial reports (Balance sheet, P&L, Cash flow statement etc.) on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Zanzibar/Tanzania. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
Payroll & Payroll-Statutory’ Management
- Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
- Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company’s gross margin.
- Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by providing training, guidance, and direction to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Board of Directors for review and sign off.
- Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by the Directors.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance / Accounting plus CPA (K)
- At least 6+ overall experience in finance
- 3+ years’ proven working experience as a Senior Accountant or higher level.
- Fully qualified and member of ICPAK
To be successful in this role, you must be:
- Attentive to detail and have exceptional organizational skills
- Able to think critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity
- Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: