Uwezo Microfinance Bank Job Vacancy 2018 for Finance, Risk and Compliance Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Uwezo Microfinance Bank job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Uwezo Microfinance Bank Job Vacancy 2018
Uwezo Microfinance Bank – We are leading Micro Finance Bank committed to enhancing people’s lives through access to quick loans with competitive interest rates. Our vision is to be the preferred provider of financial solutions for wealth creation and improved livelihoods.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To make sure that a company is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in budget preparation, maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, reports, etc. as required.
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded and manage the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc.
- Update financial records with recent transactions and changes and perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Risk and Compliance
- Preparing and submitting accurate CBK and other legal and regulatory reports
- Helping organizations manage risk, maintain a positive reputation, and avoid lawsuits.
- Determining how an organization is managed, directed, and governed, including the relationships between stakeholders and the structure by which company objectives are set and followed
- Compliance with both external & internal rules that are imposed upon an organization as a whole
- Develops and monitors risk registers for all departments and also performs risk assessments for new products and vendors.
- Implement the risks and compliance policies and procedures in place and prepare risk register reports and analysis for review by the manager.
- Monitor, and coordinate risk and compliance activities through respective departments to ensure remain abreast of the status of all insurance related risks & compliance activities.
- Provide relevant information required by external bodies and regulators on compliance matters such as reporting suspicious transactions related to money laundering and the fight against terrorism financing.
- Monitor the performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuous basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Keep abreast with the applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards in the risk & compliance fraternity and advise on the emerging developments of the same
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting 2-3 years’ experience in Risk and Compliance and Finance Officer
- Proficiency in IT
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understand the Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya(CBK) clearing procedures
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service .
How to Apply
If you do not hear from us it means you were not shortlisted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: