USIU Job Vacancy for Accountant, Application Details
Reporting to the Principal Accountant- Receivables in the Department of Finance, the successful candidate will responsible for supporting the day-to-day running of the accounts receivables function.
Table of Contents
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Handle queries pertaining to student fees balance and issue statements of account as and when required.
- Maintain and update student accounts
- Lift holds for registration and financial clearance to students
- Process student refunds on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile cafeteria debit notes on a monthly basis
- Reconcile club accounts and special events account.
- Reconcile Transport and Student Health insurance accounts
- Draft letters and prepare invoices for students.
- Perform other duties assigned
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- An undergraduate degree in business administration (accounts), commerce or a related field from an accredited university.
- CPA (K) / ACCA (Finalist)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Must have experience working with ERPs and be proficient in Excel.
- Thorough understanding of IFRS concepts
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good Communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
How to Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, December 22, 2017.
Director of Administration United States International University – Africa P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com.
Kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position one has applied for
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: