USIU Job Vacancy 2018 for Principal Accountant
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for management of the Accounts Receivables Section and the Credit Control Office.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of students accounts;
- Billing student accounts with various charges and prepare a debtors aging report every month;
- Preparation of revenue reconciliation for student fees and other student revenues;
- Posting and reconciliation of Student Financial Aid accounts;
- Making credit arrangement sponsors, guardians and student for payment of fees;
- Responding to students and sponsor queries on account balances;
- Management of student exchange and other programs e.g. International Student Exchange Programs, KUCCPS, HELB, etc.
- Financial clearance-to facilitate access to course text and university facilities;
- Students’ hold management;
- Ensure robust internal controls and adherence to university policies;
- Preparation of audit schedules and ensure reconciliation student ledger accounts at the end of the financial year;
- Supervising accountants to ensure timely reporting;
- Supervising the Credit Controller to ensure collections are optimized each semester.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A graduate degree in Business in Finance or Accounting from an accredited university;
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited university;
- Certified Public Accountant (K) Finalist;
- Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya ( ICPAK);
- At least 5 years’ relevant working experience.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and Integrity;
- Proficiency In Computer Applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship Builder & Effective Negotiator;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Attention to Detail;
- Adaptability and Reliability
How to Apply
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by: Friday, March 23, 2018.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com.
The applicant should kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position he/she has applied for.