USIU Job Vacancies for Senior Digital Marketing Officer, Application Details
Reporting to the Chief Manager – Marketing and Communications, the Senior Digital Marketing Officer is charged with the responsibility of driving the University’s digital strategy, helping to meet and leverage on the ever-growing dynamics of key stakeholders.
The officer will have excellent understanding of traditional and digital marketing in addition to social media, websites, mobile apps and their analytics; providing sustainable brand solutions using digital technologies.
Table of Contents
Senior Digital Marketing Officer Job Responsibilities
- Development and management of the digital and social media strategy for the university.
- Develop and educate on digital engagement policies and procedures
- Provide leadership in the development of a Social Media Agency that encompasses students, faculty, staff, alumni and other stakeholders in driving positive and balanced conversations.
- Compellingly communicate the university’s story by envisioning how content will be presented/distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics, Audio/Visual & Interactive elements.
- Deliver an excellent user experience by working on quality and compelling content.
- Lead digital plan development (Search Engine Marketing; Search Engine Optimization; Paid Digital Media (Google AdWords/Facebook, Twitter & Instagram Ads, inbound marketing).
- Work with stakeholders to define website architecture detailing what sites and social assets the university will maintain.
- Conduct digital asset audits to map a brand’s global web presence and assess the effectiveness of each asset.
- Drive lead generation and conversions through digital campaigns.
- Apply analytics to better profile, target and retarget prospects, adapting campaigns to deliver higher quality responses and improve conversions rates.
- Research and recommend best practices using analytics and on-going testing.
- Monitor activity on digital properties and report back and take appropriate action on negative and positive tonality.
- Monitor ROI goals on all marketing initiatives and adapt accordingly.
Qualifications for the Senior Digital Marketing Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business or equivalent from an accredited university.
- A working experience in developing integrated digital marketing strategies.
- A strong working experience in user-centered design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process.
- Extensive experience in Content Management Systems e.g. Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Hootsuite, Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Knowledge of photo and video editing to augment text content in various campaigns will be an added advantage.
- 5 years and above relevant work experience managing websites within a content management system framework and digital marketing strategy development and execution.
- Demonstrated competence and qualifications in digital marketing, communications, public relations, business and IT.
- Applicable knowledge and ability in successfully integrating digital channels to deliver multi-channel campaigns.
- Output oriented, can handle time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines.
- Can work well with minimum supervision in a diverse team and across various functions both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies and trends in the digital space.
- Requisite experience in managing online technologies, standards and trends and the capacity to identify opportunities to deliver improved online services.
- Experience in optimizing digital content through A/B testing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and liaise at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with the website / webserver alone or in conjunction with third parties in a timely manner.
- Good analytical and research skills including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines and to manage competing priorities.
- Experience in managing day to day social media, mobile apps and website content delivery.
- Experience in reviewing and renewing corporate websites by engaging user experience.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
How to Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, December 22, 2017.
Director of Administration United States International University – Africa P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: [email protected] www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: [email protected]
Kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position one has applied for
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More