USIU Job Vacancies 2018 for Procurement Chief Manager
Reporting to Director of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable budget holders maximize value to meet university objectives.
- Maintain and continually update standing lists of registered suppliers required by the university;
- Prepare tender documents to facilitate fair competition and in compliance with the best practices as related to format for tender documents;
- Prepare, publish and distribute procurement opportunities including invitations to tender, request for quotations and proposals, prequalification documents and invitation for expression of interest;
- Coordinate the receiving and opening of tender documents;
- Submit shortlists and lists of pre-qualified tenders for approval;
- Issue procurement documents to candidates;
- Propose the membership of the evaluation committee for consideration and appointment;
- Coordinate the evaluations of tenders, quotations and proposals;
- Recommend for consideration the negotiation of a procurement by the evaluation committee where negotiations are allowed and participate in negotiations;
- Prepare and publish tender awards;
- Ensure contract documents are prepared in line with the award decision;
- Prepare and issue debriefing letters;
- Communicate all contract variations and modifications to the Divisions of Legal Services and Company Secretary for drafting of contracts;
- Maintenance and archiving of the procurement documents and records for the required period;
- Provide information, as required for any investigation to debar a tender or contractor;
- Act as a secretariat to the evaluation, inspection and acceptance committee;
- Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts;
- Report any significant departures from the terms and conditions of the contract to the Vice Chancellor and the Director/Legal Services and Company Secretary;
- Prepare consolidated procurement plans in consultation with the Management Board;
- Coordinate internal monitoring and evaluation of the procurement and supply chain function;
- Carry out market surveys to inform the placing of orders;
- Conduct periodic and annual stock taking;
- Certify the invoices and vouchers to facilitate processing of payment to suppliers;
- Recommend extension of the tender validity period;
- Verify that the available stock levels warrant initiating a procurement process;
- Develop the standard operating procedures for procurement and other related manuals;
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A graduate degree in Supplies Management from an accredited university;
- An undergraduate degree and Diploma in Supplies Management from an accredited university;
- Served as Senior Procurement Officer for a minimum of 8 years;
- Deep knowledge of supply chain management, procurement, inventory management and logistics best practices;
- Experience with inventory management systems and/or Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (particularly SAP).
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and Integrity;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship Builder & Effective Negotiator;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Attention to Detail;
- Adaptability and Reliability
How to Apply
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by: Friday, March 23, 2018.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: [email protected]
The applicant should kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position he/she has applied for.
- EXPLORE MORE: