USIU Job Vacancies 2018 for Film Technician
Reporting to the Director of the Journalism Program, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining film studio equipment, installing and testing new facilities and equipment, setting up and operating editing facilities both for video and audio, and working collaboratively with faculty, staff and students.
Table of Contents
- Assisting in the management of academic productions and processes; from both a production and sound management perspective;
- Assist faculty in the supervision of students in the field and studio production work;
- Maintaining specialized equipment for film production and interactive media;
- Installing and testing new facilities and equipment;
- Setting up film equipment for a pre-production and production; operating editing facilities in post-production;
- Edit film material electronically using Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Audition;
- Minimizing loss of service following equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
- Set up a virtual studio and an audio studio, including lighting of a set;
- Designing and installing custom audiovisual circuits;
- Instruct students on using film production equipment, how to film, edit graphics or sound;
- Supervise and guide film production students handling their practical assignments in the studio;
- Maintains records regarding equipment repair, service and installations;
- Manage the movement of studio equipment within and out of campus;
- Maintain an updated log and recordings/journal of all equipment within the program, from the audio recording studio to film footage recordings at the editing labs;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Film or TV Production or related field from an accredited university;
- Diploma in Film or TV Production from an accredited institution
- 3 years’ experience working in a busy production or recording studio/house, or a film production institution;
- Must have practical experience with, and working knowledge of, relevant tools such as Final Cut Pro 7 / X, and such Adobe CC products as Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Audition CC, InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and Adobe Animate CC.
- Working knowledge of film studio equipment such as Canon C200, Blackmagic Design URSA Mini 4K, sound recording both on location and studio setting; DSLR Cameras (Canon 80D, Canon 7D Mark II, Canon 5D Mark III)
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and Integrity;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Attention to Detail;
- Adaptability and Reliability
How to Apply
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by: Friday, March 23, 2018.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: [email protected]
The applicant should kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position he/she has applied for.
Share this post with your Friends: