USIU Job Recruitment for Principal Marketing & Communications Officer, Application Details
Reporting to the Chief Manager – Marketing and Communications, the successful candidate will be part of the Marketing & Communications team charged with the role of planning, developing, implementing and evaluating communications plans that raise the profile of USIU-Africa and demonstrate communications best practice.
Table of Contents
Principal Marketing & Communications Officer Job Responsibilities
- Build and execute effective and dynamic external communications campaigns.
- Identify external communication gaps and solutions.
- Create stakeholder maps, refreshing them regularly based on internal and external influences.
- Identify and consult stakeholders in developing appropriate communications collateral
- Track effectiveness of communications tactics and channels, responding to the feedback and experience of stakeholders to continuously improve and benchmark with the global communications strategy.
- Optimize trends in communications and communications best practice.
Collaborate with communications professionals in the region and globally to ensure consistency in messaging and strategy.
- Support University-wide communications initiatives
- Develop processes and channels for seeking and publishing USIU-Africa stories within the Region and globally.
- Work with faculty to make their research relevant in the mainstream media, including op-ed pieces
- Research, write and edit compelling stories about USIU-Africa for internal and external use and promotion, working closely with stakeholders.
- Support marketing programs with developing promotional material including brochures, advertisements, etc.
- Contribute to internal USIU-Africa newsletters, profiling campus activities and impact; leveraging on them to build external profile of the University.
- Utilize internal resources to position USIU-Africa in print, digital and social channels.
- Work closely with relevant offices to populate the USIU-Africa website and social media channels with interesting, balanced, accurate and compelling stories.
- Supervise interns, volunteers and/or research assistants to help raise profile of USIU-Africa
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local, regional and international media houses to showcase USIU-Africa’s activities and impact.
- Influence professional media contacts through thought-leadership, engaging them to help transform the higher education sector by their outputs.
- Coordinate logistics and liaise with media for on-site events and promotions.
Support all communications for USIU-Africa’s events.
- Develop concepts and protocols for major campus events.
- Plan and manage campus wide events that are well thought out and aligned to the USIU-Africa brand and within the allocated budget.
Qualifications for the Principal Marketing & Communications Officer Job
- Master’s Degree in journalism, communications, business, social sciences or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Served as Senior Marketing & Communications Officer for a minimum of 5 years.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results5 years and above relevant work experience managing websites within a content management system framework and digital marketing strategy development and execution.
- Demonstrated competence and qualifications in communications, public relations, business and IT.
Applicable knowledge and ability in successfully integrating digital channels to deliver multi-channel campaigns.
- Output oriented, can handle time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines.
- Can work well with minimum supervision in a diverse team and across various functions both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt and learn new trends in the digital space.
- Requisite experience in managing online technologies, standards and trends and the capacity to identify opportunities to deliver improved online services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of external stakeholders and liaise at all levels.
- Good analytical and research skills including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: