USAID Job Recruitment 2018 for County Coordinator / Care and Treatment Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for USAID Job Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
USAID Job Recruitment 2018
Amref Health Africa | USAID
APHIAplus Imarisha Project
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org
We are seeking organized, highly motivated and results from oriented individuals to fill the following positions in the Appius IMARISHA project funded by USAID for the period March 2012 to June 30, 2019 and covering the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Mandera, Marsabit, Tana River and Wajir in the northern arid lands.
The project works closely with the County Governments, private and faith-based health facilities to support the delivery of quality HIV/TB services, including support to orphans and vulnerable children.
JOB OPENING: County Coordinator / Care and Treatment Officer
REF: Amref/IMARISHA/CC/CT Officer/2018/04-03
Duty Station: Hola (Tana River County)
JOB TITLE: County Coordinator / Care and Treatment Officer
REPORTING TO: Deputy Chief of Party / Service Delivery Technical Advisor
DEPARTMENT / PROGRAM / PROJECT: APHIAplus IMARISHA
PHYSICAL LOCATION: Hola (Tana River County)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: The County Coordinator / Care and Treatment Officer is responsible for technical leadership and coordination of the program activities at the county level ensuring delivery of quality services at facility and community levels.
Working under the DCOP/SDTA, the CC/CT Officer reports will ensure technical excellence in delivery of services and achievement of reporting requirements and set targets.
S/he assumes responsibilities as assigned from time to time and takes a leading role in coordination with all key stakeholders and other implementing partners
at County level.
The incumbent will work closely with a CHMT focal person, the CASCO and facility in-charges to ensure sustainable delivery of services beyond the project life.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (KEY AREA and Associated Activities)
- Provide overall leadership of the project at the county level and formulate county quarterly work-plans from the overall project work-plan
- Convene weekly/ monthly facility based multi-disciplinary teams meetings to monitor project implementation
- Share issues and challenges arising from the county teams with the Nairobi-based team and work to resolve them to ensure smooth implementation of field activities
- Effectively coordinate the project implementation at the county level alongside the county transition and implementation teams
- support commodity security meetings at the county level
- represent the project at the county stakeholder forum
Human Resources Management
- Supervise the human resource for health supported by the project in collaboration with the county and sub county health Management Team
- Proactively identify appropriate training/ capacity building opportunities for CCs and other Officers that are in line with their performance plans and organization objectives
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Undertake to routinely track, document and report on project performance
- Collate and share quality monthly , quarterly and annual reports in timely manner
- Contribute to the preparation and review of the quarterly performance and annual reports to the donor
- Participate in the counties joint review meetings to monitor project implementation
- Support CHMT undertake support supervision
- Documentation and sharing of best practices /abstract
Provide technical support and guidance to project
- Participate in relevant county technical working groups and committees, provide feedback and develop networks to support project implementation
- provide day to day technical support to facility-based staff with technical team leads to monitor implementation of activities to meet set national standards and targets ensuring quality and integration of activities. Ensures technical excellence in program implementation.
- Participate in quarterly USAID and MOH field meetings to monitor the progress of a project
- Coordinate response to technical questions raised by USAID/MOH
- Provide day to day technical mentorship and on job training of the facility based staff at MCH/CCC/TB on HIV care.
- Ensure that the respective staff providing HIV care in the counties high volume sites provide quality services in respect to national guidelines
- Ensure continuous supply of commodities: Rapid HIV test kits, ARVS, DBS filter papers and others supplies
- Ensures that regular CMEs are undertaken in the facilities monthly
- Support /formation of QA/QI teams in CCC and MNCH to functionality
- Tracking and ensuring timely support of sample networking to and from the facility with subsequent results
- Support and report on rollout of the new guidelines requirements: initiate Differentiated care models, PNS, PrEP, Test and Start
- Support formation and facilitation of PSSGs meetings.
- Ensure Provision of a quality minimum package of care is implemented across all ART sites
Education (Academic and Professional requirements)
- Bachelor degree in health sciences; clinical medicine or
- nursing with at least 5 years of experience in HIV support project and or
- Diploma in Clinical medicine and or Nursing with at least seven years’ experience serving in HIV programme with hands-on experience at Comprehensive Care clinics.
- Registered with Relevant registration and regulatory Body
- Degree in health sciences as above Minimum of 5 years’ experience and diploma holders with a minimum of seven years.
- Knowledge working with the national and county health management system.
- Having hands-on experience serving in comprehensive care clinics offering a minimum package of care
- Proven skills in management, supervision, leadership and networking.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer Application skills in word, excel, power point, internet.
- Good presentations skills.
How to Apply
Interested individuals with proven and visionary leadership and technical expertise in the health field and fulfilling the required criteria should email their motivation letter and CV clearly indicating the reference number for the job applied for (in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 4th May 2018.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: