Uraia Trust Recruitment 2018 for Finance Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Uraia Trust Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Uraia Trust Recruitment 2018
Uraia Trust is a leading national organization whose mission is to provide quality civic education and empower Kenyans to exercise their civic duty in order to realize their constitutional aspirations. Uraia seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the position of Finance Manager.
The jobholder will provide managerial support to the Finance unit which will include undertaking financial management and procedures that support the Trust’s operations.
In addition, this role is responsible for the implementation of policies, processes and procedures to ensure internal efficiencies and effective preparation and dissemination of financial information for management decision making and reporting purposes.
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of, and ensure adherence to the Trust’s financial management strategies, policies, procedures, processes and systems in order to achieve compliance requirements, optimal efficiency and effective utilization of resources and assets.
- Support the grant management process including contracting with sub-grantees, contracts administration and reporting.
- Maintenance of efficient financial management systems in accordance with the Trust’s financial procedures and in line with local and International Accounting Standards and best practi
- Monitoring of unit and programme budgets in liaison with the unit hea
- Cash flow management and review of reconciliations for submission to unit head.
- Facilitate annual financial audits and any other periodic review
- Preparation of periodic financial reports for review and discussion with
- Verify all payments for accuracy and ensure amounts are within budget provisions before approval and disbursement/payment.
- Undertake review of Implementing Partners (IPs) financial statements and reports and facilitate project closures’ in a timely manner.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Head of Finance and Support Services.
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- At minimum possess a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce from a recognized University. Those with business related postgraduate qualification such as a Masters degree in Business Administration will have an added advantage.
- Professional accounting qualifications such as CPA (K) or ACC
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience in using computerized financial accounting systems; competence in use of Navision financial accounting software is desirable.
- Additional relevant training and qualifications in project accounting and grants management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 6 years’ overall relevant work experience in project/grants accounting with at least 3 years at management level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application letter and detailed CV stating your current position and salary if applicable, expected salary, contact details and quoting reference number UT/2018/04/02 with the subject being Application for Finance Manager by close of business on 7th May 2018 addressed to:
The Human Resources Unit
P O Box 28151-00100
Hard copy applications may also be submitted during working hours at Uraia Trust’s physical address located at Uraia House, Jacaranda Avenue, Off Gitanga Road, Nairobi.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The engagement for this position will be for an initial contract of three years that is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: