Upfield Job Vacancy 2019 for Regional Compliance Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Upfield Job Vacancies Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Upfield Job Vacancies Job Vacancy 2019
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
On the 2nd July 2018 Unilever completed the sale of the Spreads Business and it is now under the new ownership of KKR as “Upfield”, therefore any successful applicants will be employed by “Upfield” not Unilever.
Regional Compliance Officer Africa (m/f): based in Nairobi, Kenya
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
We offer you a unique opportunity to build and improve a highly effective global Compliance Management System within your region. You are part of a well-qualified, committed and spirited team, featuring strong motivation for our compliance management tasks. And, yes, we offer a competitive salary.
This newly created roles offer a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic, energetic and bright young compliance managers to succeed in a truly international role. At Upfield we want you to bring in your ideas, motivation and your desire to succeed.
- Manage the regional CMS as part of the global Upfield compliance system; you are fully responsible for its implementation, adaptation, continuous improvement and effectiveness, reporting to the Global Chief Compliance Officer;
- Support the Global Chief Compliance Officer and the central compliance organization in global tasks;
- Participate in global projects for the continuous improvement of Upfield Group’s standardized global CMS;
- Translate the global CMS to the countries of your region, ensuring clear, effective standards, rules and processes consistent with our global Code of Business Policies, standards and processes;
- Build and manage the regional network of national and local part-time compliance compliance representatives;
- Keep close contact with all national and local entities at your region including intense physical presence; this role therefore includes frequent travelling within your region
- Implement, improve and operate the global compliance risk reporting system at your region; conduct continuous Compliance risk assessments, CMS status monitoring and gap analyses, including professional documentation;
- Improve risk awareness and sensitization of managers and employees at your region; raise awareness of risk ownership and on advantages of professional risk management;
- Ensure multi-facetted integration of the CMS into entities and operations at your region, assure implementation, coordination, facilitation and monitoring of key Compliance management activities;
- Provide ongoing (pro-)active advice and support to the regional and national business units in all compliance matters; achieve active collaboration with risk owners and stakeholders;
- Manage potential and actual issues at your region effectively, efficiently and legally reliable; oversee, facilitate and report on subsequent Compliance remediation activities as applicable;
- Ensure ongoing, effective communication and training of managers, employees, business partners and of other third parties; identify training needs and ensure all risk-owners are trained effectively, according to our corporate standards; conduct trainings of key risk owners;
Your background, skills and experience
- Preferably, an advanced degree in law or business management;
- 3 years’ experience in an equivalent compliance role at an international company with production- and sales activities – ideally from the food sector;
- Proven expertise in pragmatic and effective management of typical key compliance risks of international companies;
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and at the same time as integral part of virtual teams;
- Impacting communicator fostering intrinsic compliance motivation of employees and managers, good facilitator and negotiator;
- Very good language proficiency in Business English and in at least one other major language at your region;
- Strong sense for advantages and for pragmatic implementation of an effective, yet lean CMS;
- Outstanding organizational and project management capabilities;
- Comfortable working with people of different cultures and backgrounds as well as with related frequent travelling.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear …… Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
Interested in this role?
Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Upfield career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: