University of Washington Job Vacancy 2018 for Research Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for University of Washington Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
University of Washington Job Vacancy 2018
The UW is one of the world’s preeminent public universities. Our impact on individuals, our region and the world is profound — whether we are launching young people into a boundless future or confronting the grand challenges of our time through undaunted research and scholarship. Ranked No. 13 in the world on the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities, the UW educates more than 54,000 students annually. We turn ideas into impact and transform lives and our world
Project Description: The Women’s Health Project, based in Mombasa was established in 1993, and is a collaborative effort of the University of Nairobi (UoN), the University of Washington (UW), the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Mombasa County, the Ministry of Health, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC), and the US President’s Emergency Program for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The objectives of the organization are:
- To provide high quality care to at-risk and HIV-positive women participating in the high-risk women’s cohort (Mombasa Cohort).
- To conduct innovative HIV and STI prevention and treatment research that will contribute substantially to local as well as global knowledge and implementation of effective interventions.
- To support HIV and STI prevention, care, and research efforts in Mombasa by training Kenyan researchers and practitioners, implementing technology transfer, and contributing to infrastructure development.
Main objective of this position: Reporting to the Community Section Head, the Research Assistant serves as the focal person for the outreach program, recruitment and retention, and assists in research data collection, entry, cleaning, and study logistics at the Women’s Health Project in Mombasa.
Key responsibilities and tasks include;
- Coordinate project’s outreach program
- Identify strategies and recruit eligible participants for research studies
- Coordinate retention activities
- Administer research study surveys
- Assist in coordinating and attending site visits with staff
- Assist with IRB submissions regarding protocol changes and annual reviews
- Assist in data entry and checking process
- Assist in qualitative data analysis
- Perform any other assigned duties
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Holder of a Bachelor degree – Social Sciences/ Community Health and Development/ Arts
- At least one-year experience in research or program setting
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and be ready to work for long hours when necessary
- Excellent knowledge of both the city and the peri-urban geographical region of Mombasa
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment
- Fluency in Swahili
- Have certification in good clinical practices and human subjects training
- Familiarity working with HIV-infected or at-risk for HIV infection individuals
- Certificate in HIV testing and counselling
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email address to [email protected].
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Washington (UW) career website on docs.google.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE: